Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    Super Bowl Sunday, with Tom Brady. How unusual!

I really don't know who to root for. I like the Chiefs and Andy Reid but I also like the fact that a 7-9 team from 2019 is in the Super Bowl with a new 40 something QB.

If Brady plays lights out, I think the Bucs will win, otherwise KC should win. It should be fun to watch.
    I hope the Chiefs win because Mahomes seems like a humble guy which is a trait you don't find much among elite level athletes. The same applies for Coach Reid.

Comment

• That was a stinker of a game.
      Last edited by KleShreen; 02-08-2021, 07:29 AM.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1358569153431547912

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post

I hope the Chiefs win because Mahomes seems like a humble guy which is a trait you don't find much among elite level athletes. The same applies for Coach Reid.
          I never understood the hate for him. He's flashy - like he can launch a ball while being completely horizontal, but he's never done anything on-or-off the field that I have an issue with...

Well, besides putting ketchup on his steak...

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
            That was a stinker of a game.
            Definitely not one that will linger in my memory bank for long. KC was missing some key players and they had two dropped passes in the end zone and that made a difference, but not enough to change the outcome. The Bucs dominated that game on both sides of the ball.
            Last edited by crixus; 02-08-2021, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• The game was entertaining, but with the lack of a real crowd - it didn't "feel" like a real Super Bowl.

I was hoping the Bucs would win. Tyler Johnson, Tyler Jensen, Winfield Jr. Joe Haeg, - all guys I'm glad to see get a ring. Then the GOAT as well, Blaine Gabbert.

Personally, I enjoy watching Tom Brady. I don't rank him as the greatest athlete of all-time (Jim Thorpe/Bo Jackson come to mind first), but he is the greatest competitor in the history of American sports. He surpassed the likes of Michael Jordan, in my opinion. Watching him take a band of misfits Tampa team to a Super Bowl win is something. Good for him. He looked great out there.

Comment

• Checked in with a lot of friends about the Super Bowl, most found the game (thou lopsided) to be entertaining along with some of the commercials. However the vast majority said the halftime show may be the worst ever in Super Bowl history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                  Checked in with a lot of friends about the Super Bowl, most found the game (thou lopsided) to be entertaining along with some of the commercials. However the vast majority said the halftime show may be the worst ever in Super Bowl history.
                  Two words: Winter. Magic.

I'll take whatever yesterday was over whatever happened in 1992.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I never understood the hate for him. He's flashy - like he can launch a ball while being completely horizontal, but he's never done anything on-or-off the field that I have an issue with...

I've never heard anyone say a bad thing about Mahomes. He seems like a great guy, and a superior QB.

Comment

I've never heard anyone say a bad thing about Mahomes. He seems like a great guy, and a superior QB.
                      Probably just some one-off stuff I've heard. Though, a lot of people tend to not like someone on the cusp of success for one reason or another.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I agree, reminds me a lot of Russel Wilson both with his play and his attitude and personality. I see Mahomes winning the man of the year soon just like Wilson did this year. He would be a good face of the NFL for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I agree, reminds me a lot of Russel Wilson both with his play and his attitude and personality. I see Mahomes winning the man of the year soon just like Wilson did this year. He would be a good face of the NFL for sure.

Comment

I agree on all your points. And before Mahomes hangs up his cleats I'm sure he'll have at least one (and probably) more Super Bowl rings. A great guy and superior QB is right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

He's a smart kid, and if he can keep his body from breaking down - I expect (and look forward too) big things from him. I also appreciate the road he took to get here - always counted out, and never gave up. Kinda like Tom Brady, to some extent.

Comment

• I just realized the NFL pulled off what many of us thought would be impossible. Sure they rescheduled games and shifted them around, but every regular season and post season game was played. Quite an amazing feat during the pandemic.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X