Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pass was incomplete, but the fact that Mahomes threw it 30 yards from that weird angle is amazing! It was my favorite play in the game.
    Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

• Comment

• Yep. There were a couple of passes that Mahomes threw in the end zone that should have been caught for touchdowns.
        Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post
          The pass was incomplete, but the fact that Mahomes threw it 30 yards from that weird angle is amazing! It was my favorite play in the game.
          It didn't even register that he tossed it completely horizontal when I saw it. I had to watch the replay to understand, haha. Never seen anything like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post

Yep. There were a couple of passes that Mahomes threw in the end zone that should have been caught for touchdowns.
            As it is reported he's going in for surgery this week, I wonder if some of his overthrows may have been to the turf toe and not being able to plant as well on the run. I know Russel's throws outside the pocked lost a lot of accuracy the year he had a knee injury and he had to throw more in the pocket due to it.

That still doesn't excuse though all the drops by the Chief's receivers that cost them not just touchdowns but also first downs. There were a couple by Kelce in the first half when the game was still close that come to mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

As it is reported he's going in for surgery this week, I wonder if some of his overthrows may have been to the turf toe and not being able to plant as well on the run. I know Russel's throws outside the pocked lost a lot of accuracy the year he had a knee injury and he had to throw more in the pocket due to it.

That still doesn't excuse though all the drops by the Chief's receivers that cost them not just touchdowns but also first downs. There were a couple by Kelce in the first half when the game was still close that come to mind.
              All true, but remember the Bucs also lost a TD when the eligible lineman got the ball knocked out of his hands before he could get both feet down.

I hope Mahomes' surgery goes well.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

All true, but remember the Bucs also lost a TD when the eligible lineman got the ball knocked out of his hands before he could get both feet down.

I hope Mahomes' surgery goes well.
                You mean the one that hit his facemask? That was a great stand by the Chiefs defense on the next few plays for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

You mean the one that hit his facemask? That was a great stand by the Chiefs defense on the next few plays for sure.
                  Yes. I felt bad for the guy. His chances of catching a TD pass in another Super Bowl are not very high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSzAiG9cey8

Comment

• JJ Watt has signed with the Cardinals. Two year deal 31 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
                      JJ Watt has signed with the Cardinals. Two year deal 31 million.
                      I think a lot of JJ, I'm sad to see him go, but I'm also very happy for him. The Texans suck, and probably always will.

Comment

• Alex Smith is likely going to be released this week. That's a shame, the guy has always been a winner, but I'm not sure he will ever be a starter again due to his injury. He would be a prime candidate to train a young QB, and play as needed.

Apparently Russell Wilson is now a trade prospect, along with Teddy Bridgewater and Cam Newton. I would be surprised if Cam returns to the Patriots, but it could happen.

Does anyone think the Colts improved by getting Wentz? I don't think he's nearly as good as Rivers.

Comment

Alex Smith is likely going to be released this week. That's a shame, the guy has always been a winner, but I'm not sure he will ever be a starter again due to his injury. He would be a prime candidate to train a young QB, and play as needed.

Apparently Russell Wilson is now a trade prospect, along with Teddy Bridgewater and Cam Newton. I would be surprised if Cam returns to the Patriots, but it could happen.

Does anyone think the Colts improved by getting Wentz? I don't think he's nearly as good as Rivers.
                          I don't think he's as good as Rivers was in his prime... he was a gunslinger, but the current version of Rivers isn't going to go out there and just flat out win games for you... he didn't really have to do that with the Colts though. Wentz is a wild card.... he looked lost, shaken, and completely unconfident last year, but the year before, he had 4000 yards, 27 tds, and only 7 interceptions, and he's still young. He's big, he has the arm, and has shown the ability to be great... was having an MVP type season before he got hurt a few years ago, but health has been a recurring issue as well. He was having his best year in 2017 with Frank Reich as his offensive coordinator, so he must think he can get him right again... if he does, they should be really good. As a Chiefs fan in the AFC though, I hope he sucks. ;)

Comment

• I've got a sneaking suspicion that Alex Smith might be a good fit in New England and I wouldn't be surprised if Cam didn't end up in Washington. Will be interesting to see what Drew Brees does, it doesn't seem to me that he is ready to retire.

Comment

I think a lot of JJ, I'm sad to see him go, but I'm also very happy for him. The Texans suck, and probably always will.
                              It's got to be hard to be a Texans fan... just a few years ago, they were a team on the rise with legit superstars on both sides of the ball, and it has completely crumbled to the ground.

Comment

Alex Smith is likely going to be released this week. That's a shame, the guy has always been a winner, but I'm not sure he will ever be a starter again due to his injury. He would be a prime candidate to train a young QB, and play as needed.

I hope the Russel Wilson talk is mostly wind, as his agent said he wants to stay in Seattle but is open to trades with 4 teams. I hope instead Seattle looks at the O-line as that wouldn't help just him, but also the running game. Lynch the year his numbers dropped was right after they lost at least 3 starters from the line and instead of having first contact 2-3 yards beyond the line of scrimmage it was 2-3 yards behind the line of scrimmage to show the drop off in line quality.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X