Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Football

So just read that SAC looking to play a modified season in the spring. Looks like going to be about a month long and the wiil have a conference championship. Keeping in mind no D2 championship will be held. Does anyone know of any of conference playing. Is this good for the students athletes . Short recovery till they start training again for fall season.is it worth it with potential injuries When do they start practicing for spring . anyone know how all this is working. Just curious

Originally posted by D2football dad View Post
    So just read that SAC looking to play a modified season in the spring. Looks like going to be about a month long and the wiil have a conference championship. Keeping in mind no D2 championship will be held. Does anyone know of any of conference playing. Is this good for the students athletes . Short recovery till they start training again for fall season.is it worth it with potential injuries When do they start practicing for spring . anyone know how all this is working. Just curious
    Several conferences are planning to have spring games of some sort, we'll see what actually happens. It isn't ideal for student athletes but the world isn't an ideal place at the moment. Short recovery but also a shortened season so I assume that won't be an issue. Injuries occur in all facets of being a college athlete. In practice, in the weight room, when testing the 40 even. Sure, the injury rate is likely a bit higher in full game situations but injuries are a risk that athletes and coaching staffs have to understand. If full seasons and playoffs were being planned for the spring it might be rather concerning but I don't see that to be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Several conferences are planning to have spring games of some sort, we'll see what actually happens. It isn't ideal for student athletes but the world isn't an ideal place at the moment. Short recovery but also a shortened season so I assume that won't be an issue. Injuries occur in all facets of being a college athlete. In practice, in the weight room, when testing the 40 even. Sure, the injury rate is likely a bit higher in full game situations but injuries are a risk that athletes and coaching staffs have to understand. If full seasons and playoffs were being planned for the spring it might be rather concerning but I don't see that to be the case.
      Without spring football 2020 and without the season 2020, I almost feel like it's necessary to have something to prepare their bodies for a full 2021 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Without spring football 2020 and without the season 2020, I almost feel like it's necessary to have something to prepare their bodies for a full 2021 season.
        Good point. It's such a giant mess at the moment with everyone doing their own thing this fall too. I don't expect a vaccine to be readily available by spring 2021 so who knows what will actually take place then.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X