Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSI: D2

No, not that CSI.

College of Staten Island has also submitted a membership application alongside Frostburg State to hopefully begin their D2 reclassification later this year. The Dolphins will be a much-needed addition to the East Coast Conference in 2020, replacing LIU Post. CSI is part of the CUNY system with ECC member Queens College and is currently a member of the D3 CUNY Athletic Conference. They don't have football.

https://csidolphins.com/news/2019/3/...vision-ii.aspx

This makes 2 D3-to-D2 applicants to reclassify this year with UT-Tyler already in the process and Mississippi College recently completed. Two others returned to D3 during their reclassifying period. Are there any other current D2 members who came from D3?

Re: CSI: D2

Lake Erie College

Comment

I was hoping to see more on CETYS (possible GNAC football!), but nothing since February of 2018 I can find. I wonder when we will see the first Mexican school try to join or if just not announced yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
        No, not that CSI.

College of Staten Island has also submitted a membership application alongside Frostburg State to hopefully begin their D2 reclassification later this year. The Dolphins will be a much-needed addition to the East Coast Conference in 2020, replacing LIU Post. CSI is part of the CUNY system with ECC member Queens College and is currently a member of the D3 CUNY Athletic Conference. They don't have football.

https://csidolphins.com/news/2019/3/...vision-ii.aspx

This makes 2 D3-to-D2 applicants to reclassify this year with UT-Tyler already in the process and Mississippi College recently completed. Two others returned to D3 during their reclassifying period. Are there any other current D2 members who came from D3?

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
          I was hoping to see more on CETYS (possible GNAC football!), but nothing since February of 2018 I can find. I wonder when we will see the first Mexican school try to join or if just not announced yet.

Comment

I want to say Chowan and Lincoln PA also both moved up from D3 in the last 10-15 years.

I'm still thinking Christopher Newport out of Newport News, VA will eventually move up from D3 sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
              I'm still thinking Christopher Newport out of Newport News, VA will eventually move up from D3 sooner or later.
              What D2 conference would Christopher Newport join? CIAA is an obvious choice but it might create another Chowan situation. The CIAA does not sponsor 8 of CNU's 21 sports. The MEC is a nice choice but there are probably too many people who would complain that it's too far to Newport News. We have already seen those complaints in reference to Salisbury. Conference Carolinas is also a strong possibility and adding CNU will help the CC start sponsoring football. CC does sponsor all of CNU's sports except football.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
                What D2 conference would Christopher Newport join? CIAA is an obvious choice but it might create another Chowan situation. The CIAA does not sponsor 8 of CNU's 21 sports. The MEC is a nice choice but there are probably too many people who would complain that it's too far to Newport News. We have already seen those complaints in reference to Salisbury. Conference Carolinas is also a strong possibility and adding CNU will help the CC start sponsoring football. CC does sponsor all of CNU's sports except football.
                CIAA would be perfect from a location perspective, but you are right that there are currently too many of CNU's sports that the CIAA doesn't sponsor.

Realistically I could see CNU go the CC route like you mentioned, and they would be decent travel partners for Chowan, Mt Olive, and Barton. Also I agree with you about the football part. In a couple of years there will be 5 football playing members and CNU would be a nice addition. Assuming Limestone, NGU, and Chowan would leave their respective football associate memberships then the conference could be close if CNU jumped up. Throw in the potential that UNCP could be a candidate to leave their new MEC membership for the CC, and another CC school adding football, then you actually could see the conference starting to offer the sport within the next 5-10 years.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X