Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athletic Facilities Appreciation Thread

We have quite the obsession with stadiums on this board - I am also bored ("pun" fully intended). Share your favorite athletic facilities - any sport, any level. Let's have some fun.

Irish Yard - Milroy, MN.

-Milroy is a town of 252 people. Milroy also needs two baseball stadiums. They put this one across the highway in a cornfield. This photo is a bit older, they have since added a videoboard.

fun place to play. great atmosphere

Comment

Seeman Stadium, Omaha NE

-Home to the Central Eagles. It's a unique location for a football stadium, and I love this shot. Definitely worth sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
        fun place to play. great atmosphere
        I've only been out there a handful of times, but it's a really cool place. The stadium seating comes from Camden Yard, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Sun Bowl, El Paso TX

-I've wanted to visit UTEP for some time now, and here's their football stadium.

Comment

Perham High School Basketball Gym, Perham MN

-Complete with... SHOT CLOCKS!!

Comment

Union City High School with the football and baseball field on the roof of the high school. Great view of NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by cneagle99 View Post

Union City High School with the football and baseball field on the roof of the high school. Great view of NYC.
                I've seen video of that before - baseball players like to sink homeruns in dead center. I bet that's ultra satisfying.

Comment

Pre-renovation Hayward field had a ton of character, and it's a shame they had to massively renovate it to host the world championships next year

??????
                  This is what it looks like now...

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

Pre-renovation Hayward field had a ton of character, and it's a shame they had to massively renovate it to host the world championships next year

??????
                    This is what it looks like now...
                    Always have loved Hayward. I got to run their on five separate occasions during my T&F career.

WIll be interesting to see it in the new state. It was classic.

Comment

Where's that at? T/F-specifc complexes aren't too common here - not big enough to support them.

Comment

I thought this thread would get a bit more of a boost - just tryin' to increase activity and discussion 'round here. Anyway... here's the Kibbie Dome, University of Idaho.

I believe the uprights come out from the walls like basketball hoops in some gyms, maybe that's why I've always had an acute fascination with the space.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                          Where's that at? T/F-specifc complexes aren't too common here - not big enough to support them.
                          It's the university of Oregon's track stadium, the only comparable facility in the US is probably Mike Meyers stadium at Texas or (in terms of history/lore) the cross country course at terre haute, indiana.

??????
                          This is pre-renovation Hayward in it's championship configuration, with temporary grandstands at the entrance and exit of the back straight. I personally dislike the renovation simply because it looks so much like a soulless NFL stadium or the cursed concrete donut multi-use venues of the 60s and 70s.

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

It's the university of Oregon's track stadium, the only comparable facility in the US is probably Mike Meyers stadium at Texas or (in terms of history/lore) the cross country course at terre haute, indiana.

??????
                            This is pre-renovation Hayward in it's championship configuration, with temporary grandstands at the entrance and exit of the back straight. I personally dislike the renovation simply because it looks so much like a soulless NFL stadium or the cursed concrete donut multi-use venues of the 60s and 70s.
                            Ohhh - yeah I heard they had a big track complex. The old one looks interesting, kinda like it was just pieced together over time as they needed something. The new one looks fine I suppose as an outside observer, but I do like the character of the old one.

Comment

Here's the track complex for the University of Minnesota - kinda looks like a below-average D2 football stadium.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X