Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Veteran's Day

Not sports related but a number of you are not on the Off Topic forum (consider yourself lucky on most days) so I put this here. Thanks to all who have served their country. It is a big sacrifice and not always appreciated by all. But it is by me.

Same from me as well - I know we have a handful of military members on the board. Thank you very much for keeping us safe!

Comment

I got this from my SIL... a Navy vet:
      https://thefederalist.com/2020/11/11...-veterans-day/

Maybe a bit of a different slant, but still a good one. Still. thanks to those that served.

Comment

If you've never seen the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier- it is very moving and impressive. And don't act like a dildo when they are doing it or you will get called out.

Comment

My Father was a career Marine who served in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. I also had several Uncles who served in some or all of those wars as well. A big thank you to them and to all veterans!

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
            I got this from my SIL... a Navy vet:
            https://thefederalist.com/2020/11/11...-veterans-day/

Maybe a bit of a different slant, but still a good one. Still. thanks to those that served.
            I've thought about that in response to Memorial Day, actually.

I've never served, so take my opinion with that grain of salt - but I've always believed that grilling out and watching baseball is fine so long as we remember why we are able to do those things. After all, it's that freedom that many sacrificed to protect, so we should embrace it - all while taking time to remember why we have it.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
              My Father was a career Marine who served in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. I also had several Uncles who served in some or all of those wars as well. A big thank you to them and to all veterans!
              We owe your Father, Uncles, & all our veterans the absolute greatest thanks and respect!!

Never thought I'd see the day in the past few years when "leaders" of our great country would cheapen & denegrate our veterans. It is representative of a nation in decline!

Comment

Originally posted by Clydes 'N Rams View Post

We owe your Father, Uncles, & all our veterans the absolute greatest thanks and respect!!

Never thought I'd see the day in the past few years when "leaders" of our great country would cheapen & denegrate our veterans. It is representative of a nation in decline!
                I agree! That very denigrating comment towards our military from you know who really pissed me off. Thank you for your kind words regarding my Father and Uncles. They're all gone now except for one Uncle who lives in Philippi, WV.

Last edited by crixus; 11-11-2020, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X