Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• I just heard John Clayton talk about this. It seems the NFL and Oakland had given the okay on the field, but Green Bay didn't.

Comment

• Wow. Andrew Luck has told the Colts he's retiring. Done immediately.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Andrew Luck has retired at the age of 29.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
            Wow. Andrew Luck has told the Colts he's retiring. Done immediately.
            They were talking about this on the Seattle pregame show tonight. They were trying to think back to the last time a player of this stature retired in his prime and concluded Barry Sanders was the closest they could come up with, although it made more sense to them.

Sad that his career went the way it did with all the injuries and overall he'll likely be considered a bust for what he was payed. He has the arm, the smarts, but what was missing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

They were talking about this on the Seattle pregame show tonight. They were trying to think back to the last time a player of this stature retired in his prime and concluded Barry Sanders was the closest they could come up with, although it made more sense to them.

Sad that his career went the way it did with all the injuries and overall he'll likely be considered a bust for what he was payed. He has the arm, the smarts, but what was missing?
              Absolutely not a bust. He was in the league for 7 seasons, played 6 of them, made the playoffs 4 times, went to a conference title game with nothing around him, and put up numbers that were among the best in football history for any QB through six years. I think he was without a doubt worth the #1 pick, and played even better than expected for the hype he came in with. Just battled injuries and decided it wasn't worth it anymore. Guy has made almost 100 million dollars in his career, and didn't like being constantly in pain. I don't blame him. I think Colts fans will eventually come to their senses and realize he's the 2nd best QB in franchise history and they got more than enough out of him. Yea, bad timing, but he wasn't being expected to play much this year, anyway, after all the injury stuff happening all off-season.
              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Absolutely not a bust. He was in the league for 7 seasons, played 6 of them, made the playoffs 4 times, went to a conference title game with nothing around him, and put up numbers that were among the best in football history for any QB through six years. I think he was without a doubt worth the #1 pick, and played even better than expected for the hype he came in with. Just battled injuries and decided it wasn't worth it anymore. Guy has made almost 100 million dollars in his career, and didn't like being constantly in pain. I don't blame him. I think Colts fans will eventually come to their senses and realize he's the 2nd best QB in franchise history and they got more than enough out of him. Yea, bad timing, but he wasn't being expected to play much this year, anyway, after all the injury stuff happening all off-season.
                Who's 1st? Johnny U or Manning?

I meant with more how short his career was and not being in the playoffs almost every year like Manning that they expected. The number 2 pick was a definite bust that year in RGIII, but you also consider Russel Wilson was in it and how he's missed 1 playoffs, been to 2 Super Bowls, and won one against Manning at that. When you compare, he wasn't the best QB in that draft.

The QB that I think has reached expectations in that draft is Cousins, middle of the pack starter. I just think Luck hasn't lived up to the expectations that everyone in the media had of him as the #1 pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
                  Andrew Luck has retired at the age of 29.
                  Kind of a dick move to do it now and not during the off season so the Colts could plan....

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Kind of a dick move to do it now and not during the off season so the Colts could plan....
                    I was thinking that too. Do they go with Jacoby Brissett now at QB with a rookie backup like their roster is now? There isn't time to bring in another QB and teach them the system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I was thinking that too. Do they go with Jacoby Brissett now at QB with a rookie backup like their roster is now? There isn't time to bring in another QB and teach them the system.
                      Colin Kaepernick ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Colin Kaepernick ;)
                        I knew that was coming! Getting him familiar with the offense though in 2 weeks? Not sure that is possible. I don't even think Tom Brady could go in there and know the system in 2 weeks.

Comment

Considering the extreme hype that Luck had coming out of college, I would label him as a bust. He was supposed to be the second coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by sportsvine View Post

Considering the extreme hype that Luck had coming out of college, I would label him as a bust. He was supposed to be the second coming.
                            Then he was better than Manziel and Tebow, who were both praised throughout college as the first coming!
                            Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

That was my point too, he was to be the next Peyton Manning. Did he have a good career? Yes. Did he have a great/exceptional career? No.

I decided to look up a list of #1 pick QB's and back 15 years the worst was likely Jemarcus Russel. Luck reminds me more of Sam Bradford with all the injuries, but I don't remember Bradford having all the hype of Luck.

Comment

Luck was a generational talent. Hardly a bust. If anyone is a bust, it's the Colts medical staff who have clearly failed in this whole thing and likely explains why the Colts were so quick to give Andrew his $25 million. Hey buddy, don't sue or trash us for screwing your health up for years.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X