Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Even with Sanders, Carappalo relies on Kittle to bail him out all the time.
    Lot less than last year. Without Jimmy G, he WAS the offense. Jimmy's made him significantly more efficient.

Comment

• I'm going for KC, can't root for the Forty Whiners. 20 years ago I'd never have said that when Seattle was in the AFC West. It was hard enough rooting for KC to win their final game one year to give Seattle a playoff spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

2019 PPG:

SF: 30.2
        KC: 29.8

They put up 48 in New Orleans. They're just really smart about how they run their offense and don't go for big plays. No need to air it out if you dominate the ground. The game will be decided on whether or not SF's front can get to Mahomes.
        I do think it has the potential to be a very good game.

The Chiefs offensive numbers have been skewed by injuries--notably Mahomes for most of three games--and by the fact that the defense is better than last year, so they've not had to score as much. Despite scoring a touchdown less on average than last year, their average margin of victory in the regular season was almost unchanged (9.0 last year, 8.8 this year). The Niners may be the toughest defense the Chiefs have faced, so it will be a good matchup.

The Chiefs D has shown some susceptibility to the run, so the Niners certainly provide a challenge. OTOH, nobody expected them to hold Henry to 70 yards Sunday.

Comment

• If I knew how to add a poll, I'd put one up asking "Who do you want to win the Super Bowl this year?"

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
            If I knew how to add a poll, I'd put one up asking "Who do you want to win the Super Bowl this year?"
            Can't root for the 49ers, because their fans are some kind of awful. So I guess that leaves the Chefs.

Comment

If I knew how to add a poll, I'd put one up asking "Who do you want to win the Super Bowl this year?"
              KC.

Comment

• I really like both teams. Just hope for a close game w/o injuiries.
                <>

Comment

• Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                  I really like both teams. Just hope for a close game w/o injuiries.
                  Don't be so wishy-washy Scott Norwood. Pick a team, sit back and enjoy my 7-layer dip, ice cold Negra and a couple shots of Hornitos. :smile-big:

Comment

• :laugh:

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

Scott Norwood.
                        ha ha ha ha

Comment

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

I do think it has the potential to be a very good game.

The Chiefs offensive numbers have been skewed by injuries--notably Mahomes for most of three games--and by the fact that the defense is better than last year, so they've not had to score as much. Despite scoring a touchdown less on average than last year, their average margin of victory in the regular season was almost unchanged (9.0 last year, 8.8 this year). The Niners may be the toughest defense the Chiefs have faced, so it will be a good matchup.

The Chiefs D has shown some susceptibility to the run, so the Niners certainly provide a challenge. OTOH, nobody expected them to hold Henry to 70 yards Sunday.
                          I thought the Titans offensive play calling was incredibly uninspiring against the Chiefs. Henry was decent in the 1st half but the Chiefs whole game plan was to stuff the box and Tennessee clearly couldn't rely on Tannehill to win the game. Chiefs defense has looked good lately, but they've also only played one good offense and they got 31 (ish) in Houston.

Niners gave up a lot of points to the Saints and didn't get a sack. I don't think they'll win if that happens again. Niners can score, but they got lucky that game too.

Comment

• Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post
                            Chiefs defense has looked good lately, but they've also only played one good offense and they got 31 (ish) in Houston.
                            The 51-31 score because of a lot of short fields.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

The 51-31 score because of a lot of short fields.
                              Sure, but Houston also out-gained the Chiefs in that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

Don't be so wishy-washy Scott Norwood. Pick a team, sit back and enjoy my 7-layer dip, ice cold Negra and a couple shots of Hornitos. :smile-big:
                                I'm going with the team wearing red !!
                                <>

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X