Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laker
    replied
    If I knew how to add a poll, I'd put one up asking "Who do you want to win the Super Bowl this year?"

Leave a comment:

• GrifFan
    replied
    Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

2019 PPG:

SF: 30.2
    KC: 29.8

They put up 48 in New Orleans. They're just really smart about how they run their offense and don't go for big plays. No need to air it out if you dominate the ground. The game will be decided on whether or not SF's front can get to Mahomes.
    I do think it has the potential to be a very good game.

The Chiefs offensive numbers have been skewed by injuries--notably Mahomes for most of three games--and by the fact that the defense is better than last year, so they've not had to score as much. Despite scoring a touchdown less on average than last year, their average margin of victory in the regular season was almost unchanged (9.0 last year, 8.8 this year). The Niners may be the toughest defense the Chiefs have faced, so it will be a good matchup.

The Chiefs D has shown some susceptibility to the run, so the Niners certainly provide a challenge. OTOH, nobody expected them to hold Henry to 70 yards Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    I'm going for KC, can't root for the Forty Whiners. 20 years ago I'd never have said that when Seattle was in the AFC West. It was hard enough rooting for KC to win their final game one year to give Seattle a playoff spot.

Leave a comment:

• IowaBearcat
    replied
    Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Even with Sanders, Carappalo relies on Kittle to bail him out all the time.
    Lot less than last year. Without Jimmy G, he WAS the offense. Jimmy's made him significantly more efficient.

Leave a comment:

• IronOre
    replied

This was the case before Sanders got there. But withim and Samuel, they can take pressure off of Kittle.

Mostert went off cause it wasn't Coleman (shoulder) in to go off. Packers looked like they wanted to get demolished on the line.
    Even with Sanders, Carappalo relies on Kittle to bail him out all the time.

Leave a comment:

• Boohaha
    replied

This was the case before Sanders got there. But withim and Samuel, they can take pressure off of Kittle.

Mostert went off cause it wasn't Coleman (shoulder) in to go off. Packers looked like they wanted to get demolished on the line.
    Yea that oline was MOVING people!

Leave a comment:

• IowaBearcat
    replied
    Originally posted by IronOre View Post

If you can stop Kittle, you can pretty much take out San Fran's passing game. Not sure why Mostert went off yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• Clean Liver
    replied
    Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

As I was saying...

I should have put up some money. :)
    Yes, you should have.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• HOGSVRR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IronOre
    replied

2019 PPG:

They put up 48 in New Orleans. They're just really smart about how they run their offense and don't go for big plays. No need to air it out if you dominate the ground. The game will be decided on whether or not SF's front can get to Mahomes.
    If you can stop Kittle, you can pretty much take out San Fran's passing game. Not sure why Mostert went off yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• IowaBearcat
    replied
    Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Definitely going to be a contrast in styles. Not
    convinced the Niners will be able to lumber to enough points to match the Chiefs.
    2019 PPG:

Leave a comment:

• BlazerLady
    replied
    Go, Chiefs! We've got a VSU receiver on the practice squad, although I saw a picture of him dressed out with the other receivers a couple of weeks ago. So who knows! Hope he gets a chance to play.

Leave a comment:

• IronOre
    replied
    Go Chefs, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Definitely going to be a contrast in styles. Not
    convinced the Niners will be able to lumber to enough points to match the Chiefs.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X