Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wide_Right
    replied
    In his defence, he did man up to this; He has been suspended indefinitely and heavy fine.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

His contract is $30+ million over 4 years. Suspension and fines for all participants respective to their contracts ($) would make the most sense, jmo.
    They actually do in a way, the suspensions for all 3 so far are without pay for games missed. I also noticed that Poucy's suspension will keep him out of the rematch in Pittsburgh as it is one of his 3 games.

Leave a comment:

• Clean Liver
    replied
    Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post

Yup, another incident of road rage. He cut me off without even putting on the blinker---so I shot the old man & his old lady---you know, it was a spur of the moment thing; that is not really like who I am, you know.

I say suspend Garrett for 10 games, which will affect his pockets this & next year.
    His contract is $30+ million over 4 years. Suspension and fines for all participants respective to their contracts ($) would make the most sense, jmo.

Leave a comment:

• HOGSVRR
    replied
    Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

This melee is one of the lowest moments in NFL history. I watched the video below, which is littered with ads, but I really enjoyed the interviews.

Rudolph hasn't received any punishment yet, but he kicked Garrett in the groin and tried to pull his helmet off. While that doesn't make up for Garrett's reaction, it's what started this mess. After listening to the interviews, I was stunned at how Garrett seems like a perfectly nice man, who genuinely regrets his actions.

I think the suspensions handed down so far are appropriate, but Rudolph should at least get a hefty fine, and preferably a suspension.

Yup, another incident of road rage. He cut me off without even putting on the blinker---so I shot the old man & his old lady---you know, it was a spur of the moment thing; that is not really like who I am, you know.

I say suspend Garrett for 10 games, which will affect his pockets this & next year.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Originally posted by IronOre View Post

You touch a QB and they throw a penalty. You whack a QB with his own helmet, they're going to roll out the firing squad.
    This melee is one of the lowest moments in NFL history. I watched the video below, which is littered with ads, but I really enjoyed the interviews.

Rudolph hasn't received any punishment yet, but he kicked Garrett in the groin and tried to pull his helmet off. While that doesn't make up for Garrett's reaction, it's what started this mess. After listening to the interviews, I was stunned at how Garrett seems like a perfectly nice man, who genuinely regrets his actions.

I think the suspensions handed down so far are appropriate, but Rudolph should at least get a hefty fine, and preferably a suspension.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Man, Pouncey was going to curb-stomp Garrett...

What I hope doesn't get lost due to the fight, the helmet to helmet hit on a defenseless receiver earlier in the game. There could be a fine for it too, but I hope it isn't forgotten as the player was ejected.

Leave a comment:

• IronOre
    replied
    Man, Pouncey was going to curb-stomp Garrett...

Leave a comment:

• IronOre
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
    Garrett gets an indefinite ban which is for rest of season at minimum, Pouncy (Pittsburgh) 3 games, and Ogunjobi gets one game. All three players also to be fined and both teams fined $250k The door is open for more especially for players that left the bench. Rudolph may also get something for attempting to rip the helmet off Garrett before Garrett's actions for attempting to rip the helmet of Garrett and kicking him in the groin.

At least no one went up into the stands like the melee in Detroit several years ago in the NBA. The longest NFL suspension before this is when Hanysworth ripped the helmet off the Dallas center before punching and kicking him. I think the punishment fair, as it is akin to hockey players using their sticks in fights and should be more than Haynsworth's 5 games.
    You touch a QB and they throw a penalty. You whack a QB with his own helmet, they're going to roll out the firing squad.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Garrett gets an indefinite ban which is for rest of season at minimum, Pouncy (Pittsburgh) 3 games, and Ogunjobi gets one game. All three players also to be fined and both teams fined $250k The door is open for more especially for players that left the bench. Rudolph may also get something for attempting to rip the helmet off Garrett before Garrett's actions for attempting to rip the helmet of Garrett and kicking him in the groin.

At least no one went up into the stands like the melee in Detroit several years ago in the NBA. The longest NFL suspension before this is when Hanysworth ripped the helmet off the Dallas center before punching and kicking him. I think the punishment fair, as it is akin to hockey players using their sticks in fights and should be more than Haynsworth's 5 games.

Leave a comment:

• Wide_Right
    replied
    It's one thing to whack a guy with your helmet, but to whack a guy with his own helmet? That's just mean.
    Yeah, and then give him a wedgie!

Leave a comment:

• IronOre
    replied
    It's one thing to whack a guy with your helmet, but to whack a guy with his own helmet? That's just mean.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    More than just Garret, also the Pittsburgh player who was kicking Cleveland players in the head. Maybe they should institute NBA rules and anyone who left the bench should get a game suspension? Well, if that were the case Pittsburgh would have about 10 players next week though.

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IronOre
    replied

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse