X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tundra_Man
    replied
    Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I liked Cosell, he was unbiased. Meredith and Gifford were Cowboy cheerleaders. I understood it from Meredith. Gifford would often screw up, but he had a nice voice and was popular with the ladies. Even though I felt Meredith and Gifford were biased, they were still entertaining. There are plenty of games on youtube that they did.

After Meredith left for NBC who allowed him to also act, there was a large number of replacements including Alex Karras, Fran Tarkenton, John Madden, and OJ Simpson. Here's the complete list.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...l_commentators
    Don't forget Dennis Miller!

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

Most people don't remember that Keith Jackson did the first year of MNF. I loved hearing him but I'm glad that he went back to the college game.
    I personally don't remember Jackson on MNF, but I knew he was there the first year. He did a great job with college games.

Leave a comment:

• Wide_Right
    replied
    Originally posted by IronOre View Post

I'm not old enough to know who those guys are... Buck is monotone and Aikman hates everything.
    Well, there is that.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

I liked Cosell, he was unbiased. Meredith and Gifford were Cowboy cheerleaders. I understood it from Meredith. Gifford would often screw up, but he had a nice voice and was popular with the ladies. Even though I felt Meredith and Gifford were biased, they were still entertaining. There are plenty of games on youtube that they did.

After Meredith left for NBC who allowed him to also act, there was a large number of replacements including Alex Karras, Fran Tarkenton, John Madden, and OJ Simpson. Here's the complete list.
    Most people don't remember that Keith Jackson did the first year of MNF. I loved hearing him but I'm glad that he went back to the college game.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

Why do you say that. I think they do a pretty decent job. Would you rather Howard Cosell and Dandy Don??! Lol

Leave a comment:

• Clean Liver
    replied

Why do you say that. I think they do a pretty decent job. Would you rather Howard Cosell and Dandy Don??! Lol
    YES! They made it interestin' 'n fun. Add Frank and it was an entertainin' game/night. "Turn off the lights, the party's over."

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied

I'm not old enough to know who those guys are... Buck is monotone and Aikman hates everything.
    And there have been petitions in Seattle to no longer have Buck do Seahawk's games. I found the article for you too: http://sports.mynorthwest.com/53516/...-troy-aikman/?

Leave a comment:

• IronOre
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wide_Right
    replied
    Also, Buck and Aikman are a terrible game crew.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied

They should swap Romo for Aikman. Romo actually likes the game and isn't a grumpy pants.
    Personally I would prefer someone other than a former Cowboy. Romo does have some skills, but he never shuts up. He reminds me of an old lady talking about her granddaughter. The story never ends.

Leave a comment:

• IronOre
    replied

I think they are Fox's #1 team. I like Buck fine, but am not a fan of Aikman.
    They should swap Romo for Aikman. Romo actually likes the game and isn't a grumpy pants.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    I think they are Fox's #1 team. I like Buck fine, but am not a fan of Aikman.

Leave a comment:

• IronOre
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    HAH! Suck it Rams! Seahawks tried to give you the game and he missed!
    The former UNO kicker too! How do you feel about kickers now?

Leave a comment:

• IronOre
    replied
    HAH! Suck it Rams! Seahawks tried to give you the game and he missed!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X