X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

Less than 24 hours after Mini-Soda, he has already been hired at New Mexico. The Pitino family is not unlike cats with 9 lives.
    That was fast.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

Less than 24 hours after Mini-Soda, he has already been hired at New Mexico. The Pitino family is not unlike cats with 9 lives.
    It is kind of sad that New Mexico has dropped as far as they have. It would be nice if he can turn them around to give Utah State and San Diego State some competition beyond Boise State and Colorado State in the MWC.

As for the tournament, are we going to have a D2 football bracket challenge this year?

Leave a comment:

• Clean Liver
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    Gophers part ways with Richard Pitino after 8 seasons.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

That one Arizona team isn't Pac-12, but a school that for one offseason was a GNAC football member in Grand Canyon University. They were officially on the schedules, but never played a game in the GNAC.
    Crazy that a for-profit university can make the NCAA tournament. I imagine this is a first - and hopefully, a last.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Gophers part ways with Richard Pitino after 8 seasons.

Minnesota Golden Gophers fire men's basketball coach Richard Pitino after 8 seasons (espn.com)

Both Pitino and former SMSU HC Tim Miles are leading candidates for the job at New Mexico.

Richard Pitino Is Reportedly A Candidate For Another College Job (thespun.com)

I met Pitino a handful of times. I always liked him, though I understand why it was time to let him go. He carried himself well as the coach here and I wish him luck wherever he goes.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post
    Men's tourney teams by state.

That one Arizona team isn't Pac-12, but a school that for one offseason was a GNAC football member in Grand Canyon University. They were officially on the schedules, but never played a game in the GNAC.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Men's tourney teams by state.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    ACU is in the tourney! I'm sure Catatonic will love this.

Leave a comment:

• twolfbenchwarmer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    1972 John Thompson Jr became the Georgetown coach on this day. Now today, his biggest recruit Patrick Ewing leads the Hoyas to a Big East title as the 8 seed and into the Dance. Also joining him... Rick Pitino is back with Iona taking the 9 seed from his conference into the Tournament with his 5th team.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    With all the covid cancelations, let's talk some positives. Ewing and the Hoyas are going to the Big East Finals as the 8 seed! Also there have been lots of close games with Virginia winning on a last second shot for the shooter's only points of the game. March Madness is alive and well. There is also the giant elephant in the room storyline too related to the 1976 Hoosiers.

What a semi-final tonight too if you aren't watching it. Oklahoma State and Baylor are going down to the wire.
    Last edited by Wildcat Khan; 03-12-2021, 07:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    First bid of the tournament goes to Liberty. They still have to play the championship game, but because UNA is still transitioning to D1 the Lions are unable to go to the tournament. Congratulations to UNA for reaching their conference finals already!

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Saw Jay Bilas talk about another bet with Gonzaga facial hair after his loss to Karnowski's beard's twitter feed and needing to grow a beard. Here is the latest: https://twitter.com/jaybilas/status/1362613489030881281

He mentioned this during the Duke/Virginia game last night and I thought it was a bit of fun for this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    For crixus I see that the MWC has 4 teams that have a legit chance at making the tournament. They have 4 teams in the top 55 of the NET with Utah State who won the last 2 conference titles as the lowest of the 4. San Diego State may not have a legit title chance like last year's cancelled tournament, but it looks like the conference as a whole is up from last year.

Next few weeks will be interesting for sure as teams fight for quality wins to get into the tourney.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X