Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some D2 NFL Draft fall nuggets

Sorry I have not been on here in a while but with so much going on and no games I have not come much but wanted to come share some info on noteworthy players that I have come across.

2 draftable D2 talents have opted out and are preparing for the 2021 NFL Draft instead of returning. They are Charleston DT Kenny Randall and Tiffin RB JaQuan Hardy. Both would be late round candidates that I expect to get a combine invite.

Ex-Central Oklahoma WR Amonte Phillips is a solid prospect who has transferred to Davenport and plans to play in 2021 so he will be in the 2022 draft class.

Ex-Virginia Tech DE/OLB Houshun Gaines has transferred to Concord and already been dismissed due to a violation of teams rules last month.

Ex-North Carolina S Myles Wolfolk left the team and announced a transfer to Bowie State. He is expected to enroll in January.

Delta State CB Junior Faulk, a 2019 All-American, is no longer on their roster and expected to transfer and play elsewhere in 2021.

Ex-Florida State/Purdue LB Cornel Jones is now at West Florida.

Ex-NC State OG Joshua Fedd-Jackson is now at Virginia Union.

Nice write-up Josh, I'm sure this year has been a difficult one to gather information.

One question I have - any possibility Gabe Watson ends up in the NFL? It was big news when he transferred to Texas, but it doesn't appear as if he has gotten any game action.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
      Nice write-up Josh, I'm sure this year has been a difficult one to gather information.

One question I have - any possibility Gabe Watson ends up in the NFL? It was big news when he transferred to Texas, but it doesn't appear as if he has gotten any game action.
      I would think he should get, at least, a tryout but it would not shock me if he returns. The Hillsdale DE who went to Iowa did not do much in year one but was All-Big Ten in 2020. I would think Watson could have a better shot to make an impact if he returns there. The only issue is will be if the new staff wants to keep him.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X