Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA 2020-2021 Season Realities

Well the NBA's sponsors, stock holders, fan base, owners, and Adam Silver all clearly agreed that the 2020 / 2021 season will now focus more on basketball than political agendas. I believe it will still take time to regain the fanbase they enjoyed prior to this last season's 'show'.

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
    Well the NBA's sponsors, stock holders, fan base, owners, and Adam Silver all clearly agreed that the 2020 / 2021 season will now focus more on basketball than political agendas. I believe it will still take time to regain the fanbase they enjoyed prior to this last season's 'show'.
    I would like to read more on this focus for 2020-21 as I understood the social justice focus was always only for the end of the 2019-20 season.

Comment

For me having super teams in large cities is the NBA's biggest problem. When was the time a smaller market legitimately has a chance at a title?

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
        For me having super teams in large cities is the NBA's biggest problem. When was the time a smaller market legitimately has a chance at a title?
        OKC? Cleveland?
        Milwaukee was the #1 seed in the East last year
        Last edited by twolfbenchwarmer; 12-26-2020, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post

OKC? Cleveland?
          Milwaukee was the #1 seed in the East last year
          Cleveland possibly, but they still 4 million in metro area size so I'm not sure you could consider them a small market. You could possibly say San Antonio, but they have run off the map in chances. I mean not even Portland in a similar size to San Antonio with the richest owner could compete since the 90's.

As for last year, as soon as LA got Anthony Davis it was pretty much over for anyone else.

Comment

Cleveland possibly, but they still 4 million in metro area size so I'm not sure you could consider them a small market. You could possibly say San Antonio, but they have run off the map in chances. I mean not even Portland in a similar size to San Antonio with the richest owner could compete since the 90's.

As for last year, as soon as LA got Anthony Davis it was pretty much over for anyone else.
            Giannis continues to win the MVP. Milwaukee continues to dominate the regular season. Yet, they can't even make it to the NBA Finals.

Comment

Sure wish the media, SI, AP and all the other public entities would quit kissin' LeBron's a$$.

Comment

The bucks have a legit shot this year.

Comment

Eagle74https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/12/30...m-last-season/

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

The bucks have a legit shot this year.
                    Maybe, but I still think the Lakers are the front runners. I mean there is talk about them not being able to keep Giannis because it will become too expensive, but nothing like that for Lebron and Davis in LA.

I just wish the Blazers could get out of the West as the last time they did they ran into Jordan with a injured Drexler to guard him. That was the Finals right before the Dream Team where the injury even effected Clyde in the Olympics.

Comment

Comment

While you are 100% correct, the original poster liked to compare viewership in the bubble to previous seasons. Ratings were down in the bubble. I wonder why- pandemic, fear of losing jobs, being able to feed families, etc.

Rather than recognize these issues, Eagle was of the viewpoint it was because of the players' and league's social justice initiatives. If he wants to use apple to oranges comparisons to support his viewpoints then I understand why others want to do the same for theirs.

Comment

Never wanted the NBA to fail, just wanted them to get back to playing and focusing on 'the game' and real competition. Since the start of this season, they did just that, and it's paying off in a big way as compared to the disastrous bubble show they put on mid 2020 which drove viewership away in droves. Lesson learned. Glad to have the real NBA back, as is the case with millions of other real NBA fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Never wanted the NBA to fail, just wanted them to get back to playing and focusing on 'the game' and real competition. Since the start of this season, they did just that, and it's paying off in a big way as compared to the disastrous bubble show they put on mid 2020 which drove viewership away in droves. Lesson learned. Glad to have the real NBA back, as is the case with millions of other real NBA fans.
                            Some players are still kneeling and advocating for social justice.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

While you are 100% correct, the original poster liked to compare viewership in the bubble to previous seasons. Ratings were down in the bubble. I wonder why- pandemic, fear of losing jobs, being able to feed families, etc.

Rather than recognize these issues, Eagle was of the viewpoint it was because of the players' and league's social justice initiatives. If he wants to use apple to oranges comparisons to support his viewpoints then I understand why others want to do the same for theirs.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X