Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The B1G: The rich get richer

Originally posted by laker View Post
    Good question. When I looked around the Taylor Center and am surrounded by empty seats despite year after year of twenty win seasons and regional trips I wonder what people are doing. I doubt if many of the students are spending that time in the library because it is closed Saturday nights...............

Comment

So what's the problem?

Comment

This even happens when hockey isn't playing. Although the NSIC, NCHC and WCHA should get together and lessen the conflicts.

Comment

That is insanity.
          It might be a poor idea, but how is it insane?

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
            In pro golf, should we have the Web.com U.S. Open, limited only to those golfers who didn't make the PGA Tour?
            For the record, since this is my area of expertise, I'd like to point out that the U.S. Open is open to players whether they're on the PGA Tour or not. Web.com Tour players frequently qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
              For the record, since this is my area of expertise, I'd like to point out that the U.S. Open is open to players whether they're on the PGA Tour or not. Web.com Tour players frequently qualify.
              Yes, it isn't a perfect analogy, but hopefully you get the point.

Comment

That is insanity.
                If "the highest level" is all that matters then we should shut down all men's college athletics. Professional sports are a higher level.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                  If "the highest level" is all that matters then we should shut down all men's college athletics. Professional sports are a higher level.
                  The point is, national is not where the interest level in small college sports lies.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                    I've been to a few WNBA games. I'd much rather go to the D2 women's Elite 8. Much more interesting.

I feel the same way about the NBA. I'd much rather go the D2 men's Elite 8.

Comment

This even happens when hockey isn't playing. Although the NSIC, NCHC and WCHA should get together and lessen the conflicts.
                      Easier said than done, considering most college hockey games are played on weekends in ALL D1 conferences, including the B1G, Hockey East, etc. Non-Friday/Saturday night games in college hockey are rare and I can't see the NSIC moving away from it's Friday/Saturday basketball schedule in the near future.
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                        Correct. Having all these levels of "national championships" has never made a lot of sense to me. No one outside of hard core homers of these schools care. The true college national champions are of the Division I variety. In pro golf, should we have the Web.com U.S. Open, limited only to those golfers who didn't make the PGA Tour? In pro baseball, should we have the Rookie League World Series? Should we have a Division 2 and 3 Olympics for all those athletes who couldn't make the real Olympics?

I think the whole "national championship" thing for small school athletics only serves to tarnish and trivialize the programs, many of which are of very high quality. The fan interest is local. That's a good thing - keep it there!

How else are we all going to be able to point and laugh at how bad the Northeast region is unless we have a playoff where their winner gets smoked when they run into a good team from the South, Texas, The Midwest, from around the Great Lakes???

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

How else are we all going to be able to point and laugh at how bad the Northeast region is unless we have a playoff where their winner gets smoked when they run into a good team from the South, Texas, The Midwest, from around the Great Lakes???
                          By all means keep doing it!

Comment

I get your point, I know everyone looks down on SR1 and I'm aware that I'm opening myself up to lots and lots of ridicule by saying this, but I'm going to stick up for SR1 here. NDC lost to the eventual national champion by 4 points in the semifinals last year. Point and laugh if you want, but NDC didn't get 'smoked.' It pains me to say this, but IUP didn't get 'smoked' the year before. Neither did Shepherd in 2016. Shepherd got pounded in 2015, but that was in the national championship game.
                            Last edited by Dozsa2; 05-28-2019, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
                              I get your point, I know everyone looks down on SR1 and I'm aware that I'm opening myself up to lots and lots of ridicule by saying this, but I'm going to stick up for SR1 here. NDC lost to the eventual national champion by 4 points in the semifinals last year. Point and laugh if you want, but NDC didn't get 'smoked.' It pains me to say this, but IUP didn't get 'smoked' the year before. Neither did Shepherd in 2016. Shepherd got pounded in 2015, but that was in the national championship game.
                              It's been a tradition to bag on the NE region every year ever since they managed to get the GLIAC booted out of the region over 15 years ago.

Comment

It's been a tradition to bag on the NE region every year ever since they managed to get the GLIAC booted out of the region over 15 years ago.
                                I get it. I was just sticking up for our teams haha. I've said numerous times on the PSAC forum that, if for nothing other than balance, the GLIAC should still be in our region. They were when I played.

It wouldn't be the best SR ever, but I wouldn't mind SR1 consisting of GLIAC, GMAC, PSAC and NE10.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X