Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The B1G: The rich get richer

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
    I get it. I was just sticking up for our teams haha. I've said numerous times on the PSAC forum that, if for nothing other than balance, the GLIAC should still be in our region. They were when I played.

It wouldn't be the best SR ever, but I wouldn't mind SR1 consisting of GLIAC, GMAC, PSAC and NE10.
    Getting rid of the MEC would probably be a good thing for the PSAC...That way they might have a chance to win a Regional title!!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
      Getting rid of the MEC would probably be a good thing for the PSAC...That way they might have a chance to win a Regional title!!
      Right on cue. I figured someone from the vastly superior MEC would get their feelings hurt if I posted that, but I wasn't about to realign the entire country. The MEC, which has had great success in SR1 (feel better?), would fit nicely in SR2. However the other dominoes fall, I don't know. If you have time, feel free to realign everything else while admiring NDC, Shepherd and Concord's regional trophies.
      Last edited by Dozsa2; 05-30-2019, 02:45 PM.

Comment

So you think replacing the MEC with the GLIAC would give the PSAC a better shot at winning the region? You certainly have one heck of a superiority complex.

Comment

You must be passing the joint with Herb Street there. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
            It's been a tradition to bag on the NE region every year ever since they managed to get the GLIAC booted out of the region over 15 years ago.

Comment

Oh, I know it probably happened even further back than that, I just remember for a while when GVSU was in the NE and kicking names and taking butts there wasn't a whole lot ot talk about how weak the NE was. :wink: Other than East Stroudsburg got beat by how much?? :wink:

Comment

Oh, I know it probably happened even further back than that, I just remember for a while when GVSU was in the NE and kicking names and taking butts there wasn't a whole lot ot talk about how weak the NE was. :wink: Other than East Stroudsburg got beat by how much?? :wink:
                They were defeated by a total of 10 Terwilligers

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                  Why not do both, right? Go to the D2 game then watch the recorded game on you DVR?
                  And cover your ears when the stadium announcers throws out spoilers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
                    Right on cue. I figured someone from the vastly superior MEC would get their feelings hurt if I posted that, but I wasn't about to realign the entire country. The MEC, which has had great success in SR1 (feel better?), would fit nicely in SR2. However the other dominoes fall, I don't know. If you have time, feel free to realign everything else while admiring NDC, Shepherd and Concord's regional trophies.
                    Shepherd was also the last SR1 team to reach the national title game (2015). There have only been three national finalists out of SR1 since 2000: Bloomsburg (2000) and Winston-Salem State (2012). The WVIAC/MEC certainly has earned bragging rights for the region for the past decade:

WVIAC/MEC: Shepherd (2010, 2015, 2016), Concord (2014), NDC (2018)
                    PSAC: West Chester (2013), IUP (2017)
                    CIAA: Winston-Salem State (2011, 2012)

Sorry, but the records don't lie...
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

That criticism of the NE has been going for a very long time. When GVSU was making their first run, someone from the PSAC basically said their record was a fraud because "that conference" is always weak. Once GVSU broke through, the narrative was that the NE was weak aside from GVSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                        And cover your ears when the stadium announcers throws out spoilers.
                        I never considered that because knowing the outcome is never a factor to me. If I have a recorded game, I don't care if I know the outcome. I don't see how people record Chiefs games while at their kids' fall baseball games and tell everyone not to spoil it for them. They then go home later and watch it as if it was live.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                          I never considered that because knowing the outcome is never a factor to me. If I have a recorded game, I don't care if I know the outcome. I don't see how people record Chiefs games while at their kids' fall baseball games and tell everyone not to spoil it for them. They then go home later and watch it as if it was live.
                          Ah yes, being in the Bubble. You want to enjoy it as it happens so you try to stay in the Bubble.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X