Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed that I watched (the last game was a bit of a sleeper though) and love the new kickoff and PAT rules. Kickoffs needed something to make them relevant again since they've turned into an almost guaranteed touchback in the NFL. Think this is a great way to make it safer and keep the excitement of an actual return. I think I'm all in for Houston since they have Mobley, a fellow Catawba alum. He had a nice 40-ish yard TD catch. Hope he gets on the field earlier in the next game.

Comment

Seattle's announced attendance is a hair shy of 30,000. Their lower bowl is almost completely full, it looks great on tv (minus the empty Hawk's Nest). The game is fairly entertaining too. The crowd noise is very noticable on TV. This is a great moment for the league.

LA is "my team," but I'm going to keep an eye on the Dragons, especially their home games. This is pretty wild. I'm not surprised given the nature of Seattle fans, but it is still very impressive.

Also, the conversion rule is starting to grow on me. Some of the special teams rules feel a little gimmicky and will take a while to get used too, but I'm enjoying Week 2 more than Week 1.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
        Seattle's announced attendance is a hair shy of 30,000. Their lower bowl is almost completely full, it looks great on tv (minus the empty Hawk's Nest). The game is fairly entertaining too. The crowd noise is very noticable on TV. This is a great moment for the league.

LA is "my team," but I'm going to keep an eye on the Dragons, especially their home games. This is pretty wild. I'm not surprised given the nature of Seattle fans, but it is still very impressive.

Also, the conversion rule is starting to grow on me. Some of the special teams rules feel a little gimmicky and will take a while to get used too, but I'm enjoying Week 2 more than Week 1.
        I watched a bit of the game too and it was nice hearing announcers I knew. Interestingly Seattle's first TD was thrown to a former Seahawk in this game that had come up big in the preseason and Seattle fans were sad to see not make the cut. Good to have him back in Seattle.

Comment

Looks like attendance numbers were roughly the same as week 1, minus Seattle as the outlier. Speculation I'm reading on Twitter has St. Louis selling out their home opener next week, close to 30k fans.

This is going better than I thought it would, I assumed each team would average 10k-15k per game.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I watched a bit of both games on Saturday. Damn, that's some sloppy football. But some bad football is better? than no football.

Comment

I hate the production. The football is good enough to be enjoyable to watch, but airing the play calls, having 2-3 different sound streams over the top of each other, and bad commentators made it a little hard to watch.

In game interview questions with coaches, mic'd up QB, OC/and DC play calls at the same time, etc... All of that should get flushed, imo.

Comment

Also, the NY QB calling out the OC to the press at halftime screams "staged, fake, invented drama, WWE crap" to me

Comment

Are there any D2 guys playing in the XFL now?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    Are there any D2 guys playing in the XFL now?
                    Ja'Quon Gardner plays for Seattle. He went to Humboldt State.

Comment

I hate the production. The football is good enough to be enjoyable to watch, but airing the play calls, having 2-3 different sound streams over the top of each other, and bad commentators made it a little hard to watch.

In game interview questions with coaches, mic'd up QB, OC/and DC play calls at the same time, etc... All of that should get flushed, imo.
                      I agree with you, especially about some of the commentators. The guys who did the Houston game Sunday were idiots, and kept yelling "first down!" when it wasn't. I do enjoy the play reviews though, and I don't mind the occaisional coaches call.

Comment

Also, the NY QB calling out the OC to the press at halftime screams "staged, fake, invented drama, WWE crap" to me
                        I didn't see it that way, I think he's just a whiny idiot.

Comment

The interviews are... interesting... I guess? I think it's too gimmicky and will get canned if the XFL returns for a second season.

Comment

XFL has suspended operations and all staff have been laid off.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
                              The title of this article made me think Arnold Schartzenegger was back.

https://footballscoop.com/news/xfl-h...all-employees/

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
                                With no plan to return in 2021.
                                The XFL's chief operating officer, Jeffery Pollock, said Friday that the league is suspending operations and all employees have been laid off, sources told ESPN.
                                Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X