Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I think I read they are allowed to compete elsewhere? Don't quote me on that. The only exception I know about is Drake Maverick who will still be wrestling for WWE for a little bit before being done.

90% of booking in every promotion is garbage, and that's why we watch it IMO - to see the 10% of things they got right. AEW is primetime indie garbage, WWE is a dumpster fire, and WCW booked itself out of existence.

I don't watch Impact personally, but I know a guy with a podcast and his crew watches all that kind of stuff. The only thing I know about them is they signed Kylie Rae not too long ago. I just assumed his opinion was right. Still though, at least they aren't pushing Orange Cassidy, Matt Hardy, or Chris Jericho... *eye roll*

AEW's issue is that they need some younger big names because Jericho is about at retirement. They are bringing a name right now but I would think Archer, Moxley, Cody, and Brodie Lee are the short future and they will likely bring some of these WWE guys in.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Buchanan View Post

AEW's issue is that they need some younger big names because Jericho is about at retirement. They are bringing a name right now but I would think Archer, Moxley, Cody, and Brodie Lee are the short future and they will likely bring some of these WWE guys in.
      Oh yeah, they'd be smart to snag some of the guys that were let go from WWE. There was a rumor that Zack Ryder might be heading over there, but it was just a rumor.

Comment

Yes and that is a messy deal. The rumor are that Vince may sell WWE.
        That seems like a bit of a stretch, to be honest. Anything is possible with that guy though.

I'm far from a financial expert - but my guess is he'd transfer the bulk of his claim to his kids (and HHH) while still retaining minority ownership.

Comment

That seems like a bit of a stretch, to be honest. Anything is possible with that guy though.

I'm far from a financial expert - but my guess is he'd transfer the bulk of his claim to his kids (and HHH) while still retaining minority ownership.

I thought so too but I figured it could go either way. I don't follow that stuff as closely as I did a while back but the media was saying Vince thinks Stephanie is more like him and trusts her more with it than Shane. I thought it made sense to sell so you leave both a ton of money and don't have to worry about it getting messy when both want to run the company.
          Last edited by Josh Buchanan; 05-01-2020, 08:37 AM.

Comment

I thought so too but I figured it could go either way. I don't follow that stuff as closely as I did a while back but the media was saying Vince thinks Stephanie is more like him and trusts her more with it than Shane. I thought it made sense to sell so you leave both a ton of money and don't have to worry about it getting messy when both want to run the company.
            It's certainly possible. Vince is the definition of a loose cannon.

Vince owns roughly 40% of the company and retains 70% voting rights. His family owns another ~14% combined. The common speculation is that Stephanie will assume control of the business, and Hunter will assume control of creative. It would be interesting to see Shane run the show though. He wanted to take control of ECW in the mid-2000's, and his plan was not only interesting but about 9 years ahead of it's time. It sounded like they were going to run with it until Sci-Fi stepped in, and the rest is history *eye roll*.

Comment

The drama continues - I haven't been keeping up with it because it's gotten so ridiculous.

1) WWE 2K21 was cancelled.

2) WWE released Curtis Axel (Hennig). I count 58 total releases between talent, producers, and creative - although who knows how many others have been laid off.

3) WWE executives are being sued in a class action lawsuit by shareholders for alleged insider trading from roughly a year ago.

Looks like there's some smaller stuff too - possible beef between Vince and Roman, stuff like that. It's hard to tell what's actually news and what's fluff in wrestling journalism, but at least the three listed above are legitimate.

Comment

XFL may have found a buyer, is potentially looking at stadium leases.

Who is that buyer you may ask? Take a wild guess...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...k-01e8s4r8eez1

Comment

XFL may have found a buyer, is potentially looking at stadium leases.

Who is that buyer you may ask? Take a wild guess...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...k-01e8s4r8eez1
                  Well The Rock says... https://www.espn.com/xfl/story/_/id/...ee-buy-xfl-15m

This actually makes sense as he wanted to be in the NFL before wrestling and played on the same line in college as Warren Sapp.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

This actually makes sense as he wanted to be in the NFL before wrestling and played on the same line in college as Warren Sapp.
                    Finally.

I was actually just coming here to post this. Didn't see it coming, but it does make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I think he will do a good job with the XFL.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X