Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacksonville Jag's season tickets inquiries are now booming

Jacksonville Jag's season tickets inquiries are now booming. Wasn't that long ago, you could pick up tickets there pretty cheaply, that's not going to be the case at all this upcoming season.

What a big difference a year (and signees) can make.

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
    Jacksonville Jag's season tickets inquiries are now booming. Wasn't that long ago, you could pick up tickets there pretty cheaply, that's not going to be the case at all this upcoming season.

What a big difference a year (and signees) can make.
    Yes, people like to buy tickets to the circus.

Comment

That house will be rockin' with chants of Tebow! Tebow! Tebow! when the pre-season begins. They love their hometown guy in Jacksonville. I wish him well.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/28/tim-te...rence-at-otas/
      Last edited by crixus; 05-28-2021, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Yes, people like to buy tickets to the circus.
        Yep, the la lakers sell a ton of tickets.

Comment

As someone that was born and raised in Jax the Jags get a bad rap in regards to fan support. Their are quite a few teams with less support from the community than the Jags especially considering how bad they have been over the last couple decades for the most part

Comment

Yep, the la lakers sell a ton of tickets.
            As much as I dislike the Lakers, they are the defending champs. And in the second largest market in the country. So yeah, they sell tickets. Maybe find a better example.

What do you think is driving all the new interest?

Comment

Trevor, Urban and Tim. No where to go but up.

Comment

All about the entertainment value.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
                  All about the entertainment value.
                  No doubt, the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Pro Soccer (men's and wo men;s), WNBA, PGA, MMA, etc, including the WWE are all profit driven entertainment businesses, just like circuses. .

Comment

Originally posted by TJE_ View Post
                    As someone that was born and raised in Jax the Jags get a bad rap in regards to fan support. Their are quite a few teams with less support from the community than the Jags especially considering how bad they have been over the last couple decades for the most part
                    Had a relative that spent some time on the Jags practice squad - as a kid in k-4, that was the coolest thing ever. Rooted for them growing up.

Had a binder full of Jags cards, and even saw them play in the preseason once. Brunell and Taylor are still some of my all-time favorite players. They easily had the best uniforms of the later 1990s too, for whatever that's worth.

Comment

Anyway - I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little curious about Tebow, even if I don't like him. Obviously, he's not going to produce anything significant - but maybe minor league baseball humbled him a a bit and he fixed his attitude. I can see him being a presence on the sideline and a mentor to Trevor Lawrence, even if all he can show him is what not to do.

I'll be surprised if he lasts more than a season, but I also thought that of his MiLB career.

Either way, financially speaking, it was a brilliant move by the Jaguars. The perfect situation, too - home state team, beloved Gators coach, and T-Law. They'll make Tebow's contract money back on jersey sales alone. He's clearly still loved by a lot of people despite not being relevant for 9+ years, especially in Florida.

Should be fun to keep an eye on. Sports needs this kind of wacky stuff every now-and-again.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                        Anyway - I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little curious about Tebow, even if I don't like him. Obviously, he's not going to produce anything significant - but maybe minor league baseball humbled him a a bit and he fixed his attitude. I can see him being a presence on the sideline and a mentor to Trevor Lawrence, even if all he can show him is what not to do.

I'll be surprised if he lasts more than a season, but I also thought that of his MiLB career.

Either way, financially speaking, it was a brilliant move by the Jaguars. The perfect situation, too - home state team, beloved Gators coach, and T-Law. They'll make Tebow's contract money back on jersey sales alone. He's clearly still loved by a lot of people despite not being relevant for 9+ years, especially in Florida.

Should be fun to keep an eye on. Sports needs this kind of wacky stuff every now-and-again.
                        I think NFL teams should take note of this case study and after it's over look at maybe putting a few legacy type guys on their squad. Even if they get minimal playing time. Definitely would add more entertainment value.

Comment

The NFL's top 2 best selling jerseys in the nation right now are both Tim Tebow's (both teal and black).

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I got to see the Jag's play the year the Seahawks won the Superbowl in Seattle. There were a few Jags fans there, but what I remember about the game is that the Jag's had negative yards in the first quarter and that Short looked like a really good receiver for them. I have to wonder though if the Jags fans were more Mark Burnell fans as he went to the UW.

Well, the other thing I remember is my ears ringing for a few days due to all the sound from the 12's. I thought they were loud, then a pick occurred and they were even louder. My voice was also raw the next day. I think it was Sean Kemp who put up the 12th man flag and I booed him as a Blazers fan from growing up in Oregon.

Comment

The NFL's top 2 best selling jerseys in the nation right now are both Tim Tebow's (both teal and black).
                              Thats sad.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X