Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2 scholarships in the wake of SCOTUS

Does anyone know if the ruling will affect the number of scholarships that D2 teams can offer? I'm wondering if the 36 full equivalents will stay intact, or is it up to the schools and TItle IX compliance at this point?

Originally posted by WhyNotMinot View Post
    Does anyone know if the ruling will affect the number of scholarships that D2 teams can offer? I'm wondering if the 36 full equivalents will stay intact, or is it up to the schools and TItle IX compliance at this point?
    So far nothing has changed in D2
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by WhyNotMinot View Post
      What if a school has a deep pocket booster willing to give a player $30,000 a year to do local ads for his business provided he (the player) pay his own way thru school If the school cost is $18,000 a year, the player pockets $1,000 a month cash. Off course this is all done at the HC's behest.

In this scenario, the football program has an additional scholarship. Maybe the booster does this for 5 players? Or 2 boosters doing the same thing? Or 10 boosters each doing it for 1 player? The possibilities are enormous. The ways to cheat unlimited.

Comment

i don't see that as cheating anymore.

Comment

The Supreme Court ruling had nothing to do with scholarship limits.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

What if a school has a deep pocket booster willing to give a player $30,000 a year to do local ads for his business provided he (the player) pay his own way thru school If the school cost is $18,000 a year, the player pockets $1,000 a month cash. Off course this is all done at the HC's behest.

In this scenario, the football program has an additional scholarship. Maybe the booster does this for 5 players? Or 2 boosters doing the same thing? Or 10 boosters each doing it for 1 player? The possibilities are enormous. The ways to cheat unlimited.
            I think this is what happens anymore. Is it cheating? Not anymore - but I think the NCAA will have to keep the coaches and programs out of it. If Joe Booster wants to have such a program, he should have to find his "employees" the same way as any other off campus business.

I also think we'll see some overlooked FBS programs is great locations (such as UNLV) suddenly become relevant because of the lucrative local opportunities available.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X