Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This year's Olympics, will you be watching?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone let me know when the Dutch women's soccer team plays. I'm a big fan of Lieka Martens.

Comment

One thing about Olympic medal ceremonies. Some of the countries have funeral dirges for anthems. They should be rousing. I love O Canada. The Star Spangled Banner is hard to sing but as an old English drinking song at least it is rousing. I think some fans died during the playing of the songs during the Euro Cup. Speed it up, put some life into it!

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
        One thing about Olympic medal ceremonies. Some of the countries have funeral dirges for anthems. They should be rousing. I love O Canada. The Star Spangled Banner is hard to sing but as an old English drinking song at least it is rousing. I think some fans died during the playing of the songs during the Euro Cup. Speed it up, put some life into it!
        My sister was a vocal performance major in college and gives voice and piano lessons now, she said Star Spangled Banner is one of the hardest songs to sing. She described why years but I don't fully remember I think It was something do with the chords.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

My sister was a vocal performance major in college and gives voice and piano lessons now, she said Star Spangled Banner is one of the hardest songs to sing. She described why years but I don't fully remember I think It was something do with the chords.
          Yes- I was in both school choir and church choir. Our teacher said it ranges about two octaves. If you don't start out right it can be a mess. I sing bass so I try to start out low or I can't hit the high notes. God Bless America is much easier to sing.

Comment

Yes- I was in both school choir and church choir. Our teacher said it ranges about two octaves. If you don't start out right it can be a mess. I sing bass so I try to start out low or I can't hit the high notes. God Bless America is much easier to sing.
            My sister is the only one in the family that can sing. I never tried choir and just stuck with band. Wasn't much good at either that but banging on a drum is always fun.

Comment

My sister is the only one in the family that can sing. I never tried choir and just stuck with band. Wasn't much good at either that but banging on a drum is always fun.
              My Dad said that if I was out for football that I had to be in band. And if I was our for basketball I had to be in choir. I guess that didn't hurt me.

Comment

My Dad said that if I was out for football that I had to be in band. And if I was our for basketball I had to be in choir. I guess that didn't hurt me.
                If you joined baseball did you have to join art class?

Comment

If you joined baseball did you have to join art class?
                  LOL- he never said anything about baseball or track- I was in both. I assume he made me clean barn, bale hay and pull weeds for that.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

The only time I ever really watch sports anymore is when I go in-person. After staring at a screen for upwards of 50 hours in a week, my idea of proper leisure time is not to stare at more screens. I make the effort a few times a year if I think a game is important for some reason, and I may watch an NFL game occasionally, but that's it.

Being a sports fan that doesn't watch sports may sound weird, but then again - not a single soul watched Babe Ruth play live on TV and he was a mega-celebrity. All they had in 1935 was baseball cards, magazines, newspapers, and some had radio - but not much else. I've got Twitter and YouTube. I figure if they can do it, so can I.

Anyway - it's funny how we think we'll miss it, and then we don't. Went through the same thing when we ditched cable close to 10 years ago. Actually, I just spent some time in a hotel room about a month ago, and I mindlessly flipped through a bunch of channels and thought to myself "I can't believe this was my idea of a good time." Doesn't help that the quality has degraded heavily, and YouTube allows people to make better content with fewer restrictions.
                    When streaming services started making shows it was game over for Cable Shows. I'm amazed that CBS and others still pump money into them.

Comment

USA Rugby

https://tokyo.usa.rugby/schedule/

Go Eagles!
                      Last edited by crixus; 07-25-2021, 11:45 PM.

Comment

We should have had the beach volleyball but our guy kept sending his serves into the net. It doesn't matter what game you play, hitting your serve into the net is always a bad idea. The Dutch won.

I liked the mixed archery. The Dutch looked good for a while, but the South Koreans took them. Those matches don't last long. It made me think about doing archery, but that might anger the killer wasps that love my back yard.

All this swimming doesn't work for me, especially the breast stroke. Those guys look ridiculous. Basketball got turned off too.

Comment

Someone let me know when the Dutch women's soccer team plays. I'm a big fan of Lieka Martens.

If you haven't been to The Netherlands, you are missing out!

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

If you haven't been to The Netherlands, you are missing out!
                            I've been to the Netherlands, but the prettiest women I ever saw were in Denmark. The population isn't very big there but they sure do have a lot of beautiful women.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

I've been to the Netherlands, but the prettiest women I ever saw were in Denmark. The population isn't very big there but they sure do have a lot of beautiful women.
                              There are some good ones in Sweeden as well. It's a nice place to go sight seeing.

You might check out the movie Copenhagen.

Comment

Do you think women chat about things like "I have been to France, and while they have hunky men, the best sight seeing I have experienced was in Montana"...?
                                Last edited by Runnin' Cat; 07-26-2021, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X