Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This year's Olympics, will you be watching?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

The only time I ever really watch sports anymore is when I go in-person. After staring at a screen for upwards of 50 hours in a week, my idea of proper leisure time is not to stare at more screens. I make the effort a few times a year if I think a game is important for some reason, and I may watch an NFL game occasionally, but that's it.

Being a sports fan that doesn't watch sports may sound weird, but then again - not a single soul watched Babe Ruth play live on TV and he was a mega-celebrity. All they had in 1935 was baseball cards, magazines, newspapers, and some had radio - but not much else. I've got Twitter and YouTube. I figure if they can do it, so can I.

Anyway - it's funny how we think we'll miss it, and then we don't. Went through the same thing when we ditched cable close to 10 years ago. Actually, I just spent some time in a hotel room about a month ago, and I mindlessly flipped through a bunch of channels and thought to myself "I can't believe this was my idea of a good time." Doesn't help that the quality has degraded heavily, and YouTube allows people to make better content with fewer restrictions.
    Golf is the sport on tv I follow the same if not more than I did before. Mostly because I play often and enjoy watching it. which I'm probably in the minority on. I was so pumped to get a regular PGA tour stop in MN with the 3M Open and even more excited to go to the Ryder Cup In September.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

Golf is the sport on tv I follow the same if not more than I did before. Mostly because I play often and enjoy watching it. which I'm probably in the minority on. I was so pumped to get a regular PGA tour stop in MN with the 3M Open and even more excited to go to the Ryder Cup In September.
      I can relate. We have the tour in tour now (Detroit) and it's a pretty good field. Pro's have been very accessible and quite giving too. It's great to see this first hand.

Comment

Me, too. I'm an avid PGA viewer. Back in the 80's and 90's I made it to 9 Colonials. A Ryder Cup would really be special!

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I can relate. We have the tour in tour now (Detroit) and it's a pretty good field. Pro's have been very accessible and quite giving too. It's great to see this first hand.
          That started in 2019 didn't it? I got nervous when they realigned the schedule last year and moved the 3M the week after the Open. But they still manage to get some decent names. You're rigth about getting close, I got to fist bump Jason Day and have pictures of Phil from like 10 feet away.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Me, too. I'm an avid PGA viewer. Back in the 80's and 90's I made it to 9 Colonials. A Ryder Cup would really be special!
            I went to a practice round in 2016 and got lucky to get tickets for this year. I'm been excited for a while now .

Comment

That started in 2019 didn't it? I got nervous when they realigned the schedule last year and moved the 3M the week after the Open. But they still manage to get some decent names. You're rigth about getting close, I got to fist bump Jason Day and have pictures of Phil from like 10 feet away.
              Yup, last year had no fans due to Covid. I'm volunteering as a marshal around the practice green and Tues/Wed, if you were a kid, most pros damn near go up to you. Every one that was asked gave an autograph. When I saw Phil, he said no autographs (worried about Covid or just a reason?) But he'd pose for pictures pretty easily and gave away balls and 2 gloves yesterday. It's all business for the rest of the week though (Thur_Sun) Some may do something post rounds around practice green, but they tend to be much less outgoing.
              I just read that Bryson's caddie just quit. Oh my!

Comment

No

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Unfortunately, the Mavericks are the only NBA team I began having a renewed interest in a few years ago. Why? Proximity and Luka. Hmmm. We'll see if Kidd can develop the Mavs into a more complete team. Luka needs to make ALL the other players around him better. The real Mavs problem is Cuban. He has a big streak of Jerry Jones in him. His money, his team, him heap big general manager (defacto for Cuban), too.
                  Just bothersome that a guy like Jason Kidd is awarded a high paying job in the NBA and nobody bats an eye, but everyone loses their minds when an athlete suggests that people should be treated equally or something.

That's the real downer in sports. Rewarding humanoid lumps like the former with a fancy job, but unable to handle a phrase written on a pair of cleats. Makes me wonder if we really have our priorities in order.

Comment

It can be kinda relaxing to watch at times, though I haven't done it in years.

My intake of the WWE did increase during the only stages of the pandemic, but being as the only TV we have is OTA, Fox cut out months ago and I haven't bothered trying to get it back.

Comment

https://www.world.rugby/news/649236/...xbpo7ulkzayml4

I can't wait. USA Eagles baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Yup, last year had no fans due to Covid. I'm volunteering as a marshal around the practice green and Tues/Wed, if you were a kid, most pros damn near go up to you. Every one that was asked gave an autograph. When I saw Phil, he said no autographs (worried about Covid or just a reason?) But he'd pose for pictures pretty easily and gave away balls and 2 gloves yesterday. It's all business for the rest of the week though (Thur_Sun) Some may do something post rounds around practice green, but they tend to be much less outgoing.
                        I just read that Bryson's caddie just quit. Oh my!
                        I always heard practice rounds were the way to go. The course is 150 miles from my house so it's hard to justify driving up on a Tuesday or Wednesday. I have found that some will give fist bumps or high fives walking between the green and tee box.

Comment

https://twitter.com/USARugby/status/1410714279859326982
                          ??
                          Last edited by crixus; 07-01-2021, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Bad news for USA Track & Field, one of my favorite events to watch.
                            Sha'Carri Richardson, who won the 100-meter dash at U.S. Olympic Trials last month, reportedly tested positive for cannabis at trials.

Comment

https://tokyo.usa.rugby/usa-rugby-an...o60zcoWzgbtJuM

Two former D2 ruggers made the Eagles squad, Kevon Williams (New Mexico Highlands) & Matai Leuta (Cal State Monterey Bay). Congratulations Olympians!

??????
                              Last edited by crixus; 07-02-2021, 06:03 PM.

Comment

USA Rugby Sevens at the Tokyo Olympics, July 26 - 31. Go Eagles!

https://twitter.com/USARugby/status/1411338945460277248

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X