Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the NCAA Bushnell Beacons.

Comment

Southland adds UM-ES as an associate member in women's golf.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
        Now we have something worse that the Guardians.

Valpo is now the Beacons. What ever happened to BCON who used to be on here- the guy who said that he wouldn't get hurt during a war because he could dodge bullets.

ValpoAthletics.com - Valparaiso University Unveils New Nickname
        He must have put the theory to the test.

Comment

Another added sport for 2021 that was missed.

Maryville brings Men's Volleyball to varsity status and will likely play the 2021-22 season as an Independent. They are the 5th school in the GLVC with a team and another one starting next year.

Comment

Not sure where else to post this since a definite date wasn't known yet.

Have any of my friends (or enemies) from the state of North Dakota hear that Bismarck State is planning on becoming a four year school and joining the NAIA and the North Star?

After 30 years at BSC, Buster Gilliss retires | College | bismarcktribune.com

Comment

It makes sense, have read about the potential. Bismarck State used to play the N.D. NAIA schools a while back. The Mystics played VCSU, Dickinson, Jamestown, Minot State and Mayville as recently as 1984, (they lost all of them)

Comment

OK- the Big 12 makes it official. How far down will this shakeup realignment?

Big 12 Extends Membership Invitations - Big 12 Conference (big12sports.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
                  It looks like the South Atlantic Conference Carolinas partnership for Field Hockey and Men's Wrestling is close to reaching it's goal.

The SAC will have 6 wrestling teams in 2022 when Emory & Henry College joins. The CC has 6 wrestling teams currently, including affiliate member Lander.

Wingate has now posted a job opening for a head field hockey coach, they will be the 6th SAC team. An announcement on the new team has not been made; it will likely be done when they announce the hiring of the coach and potentially begin play in 2022 or 2023. The CC still has 3 field hockey teams so hope to see more CC schools add a team soon.
                  7 SAC Wrestling teams at some point. Carson-Newman is planning on bringing back wrestling sometime in the next five years.

Comment

I'm still not convinced the Big 12 will end up staying together.

Comment

I think it's safe to assume that a huge shakeup will take place and the group that breaks off will not necessarily include every program in the Power 5 conferences.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

7 SAC Wrestling teams at some point. Carson-Newman is planning on bringing back wrestling sometime in the next five years.
                        Good for CN. I still believe that when the NCAA made Women's Wrestling an Emerging Sport it actually helped the resurgence of men's teams.

Update: Wingate officially announced the addition of Field Hockey in early August and will begin play in 2022.

Comment

I think it's a done deal, West Florida and Valdosta might as well pack their things. Moving on up! Lol not being serious, but wouldn't be surprised

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

Good for CN. I still believe that when the NCAA made Women's Wrestling an Emerging Sport it actually helped the resurgence of men's teams.

Update: Wingate officially announced the addition of Field Hockey in early August and will begin play in 2022.
                            C-N is also adding an "acrobatics" team some time in the next few years. Or something like that. Hopefully bringing back the wrestling team doesn't mean having a lawyer on retainer like they essentially had to before. That was one of the primary reasons they cut the program back in 2009, but it wasn't the reason alums were given.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

C-N is also adding an "acrobatics" team some time in the next few years. Or something like that. Hopefully bringing back the wrestling team doesn't mean having a lawyer on retainer like they essentially had to before. That was one of the primary reasons they cut the program back in 2009, but it wasn't the reason alums were given.
                              Acrobatics and Tumbling. Currently in emerging sport status like women's wrestling in the NCAA. NCATA (current governing body) shows 39 teams on their website. I believe there are a couple of those programs that are NAIA, but that means 40 teams is not far away - from being able to support a championship...(assuming they keep it divisionless like DI/DII men's volleyball...)

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

I think it's a done deal, West Florida and Valdosta might as well pack their things. Moving on up! Lol not being serious, but wouldn't be surprised
                                I follow the conference realignment on all levels, this being my sole focus. What about West Florida and Valdosta? Where would they go? Sun Belt?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X