Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realignmentreport1 View Post

I follow the conference realignment on all levels, this being my sole focus. What about West Florida and Valdosta? Where would they go? Sun Belt?
    More like FCS. ASUN, Big South, Southern.

Comment

Originally posted by realignmentreport1 View Post

I follow the conference realignment on all levels, this being my sole focus. What about West Florida and Valdosta? Where would they go? Sun Belt?
      Again it was a joke, but I suppose potentially Big South?

Comment

Multiple sources (Thamel, Brown) are reporting that Valdosta State is in contact with the ASun. Thamel also mentions UWG, while Brown mentions UWG. In the realm of non-football schools, apparently Queens (NC) is in contact with the ASun, and Thamel mentioned Lincoln Memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
          Multiple sources (Thamel, Brown) are reporting that Valdosta State is in contact with the ASun. Thamel also mentions UWG, while Brown mentions UWG. In the realm of non-football schools, apparently Queens (NC) is in contact with the ASun, and Thamel mentioned Lincoln Memorial.
          Both Queens and LMU have the penalty of lacking football, and AFAIK no plans to add, so not as attractive as a school with FB. But of course from the school's perspective moving to DI with football is financially a big step up unless moving that sport to something like the Patriot league.

LMU also suffers the penalty of being relatively inaccessible so travel may become an issue for some leagues...

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

What has helped here is the NCAA granting Emerging Sport status to Women's Wrestling. And in an ironic twist, all but 1 school I have seen that announced adding wrestling was for both genders unless they already have a men's team.

Today, I found on the NWCA site a list of former men's collegiate programs. These are the 52 current D2 members on the list.

Adelphi ()
            Alaska-Anchorage ()
            Augusta ()
            Bemidji State ()
            Bowie State ()
            California State Polytechnic-Pomona ()
            California State-Chico (1991)
            California State-San Bernardino ()
            Carson-Newman (2009)
            Catawba College (1986)
            Central Washington (2005)
            Charleston ()
            Concord ()
            Elizabeth City State (1991)
            Emporia State ()
            Ferris State (1994)
            Florida Tech ()
            Fort Lewis College (1995)
            Frostburg State ()
            Grand Valley State (1993)
            Hillsdale College ()
            Humboldt State (1991)
            Indiana (1986)
            Lake Superior State (1994)
            Lewis ()
            Lincoln (MO) (1981)
            Livingstone College (1990)
            Mansfield (1999)
            Michigan Tech ()
            Minnesota-Duluth (1996)
            Missouri S&T (1986)
            Missouri-St. Louis (1982)
            Northern Michigan (1988)
            Northwest Missouri State (1987)
            Queens College ()
            Saginaw Valley State ()
            Saint Augustine's ()
            Seattle Pacific (1974)
            Shorter (2017)
            Sonoma State ()
            Southern Connecticut State (1998)
            Southwestern Oklahoma State ()
            Tampa ()
            Virginia State (1996)
            Wayne State ()
            Wayne State College (1981)
            West Chester (1987)
            West Virginia State ()
            Western Oregon (1991)
            Western Washington ()
            Wingate ()
            Winona State (1982)
            Interesting that Winston-Salem State isn't listed here. WSSU had a strong program that was eliminated in the early '90's (like most other CIAA programs) shortly after the Rams' Donnell Rawls won the Division II National Championship in his weight class. He ended up transferring to App State where after sitting out the required year was slated to make noise at the Division I Nationals but contracted mono on the week of Regionals.

Comment

NAIA Ohio Valley U is closing.

OVU announces vote to close | News, Sports, Jobs - Marietta Times

Comment

UALR to the Ohio Valley.

Little Rock Receives Board Approval To Join Ohio Valley Conference - Little Rock Athletics (lrtrojans.com)

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                  It's always sad to see colleges shutting down. Especially one's that have been around awhile. I wish the students at OVU well with their transfers.
                  Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

They were Division II until very recently.

Comment

Kevin Murdock is moving. The former North Iowa Bulls GM of the North American Hockey League has been chosen by Alaska Anchorage Seawolves Head Coach Matt Shasby to be his assistant. It'll be nice to have UAA hockey back next year. *The Governor's Cup competiton with UAF will resume after a one year absence.

?????
                      Last edited by crixus; 12-08-2021, 04:52 PM.
                      Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

It's sad but not surprising. Their undergrad enrollment over the last decade.

2011-12 - 488
                        2012-13 - 436
                        2013-14 - 410
                        2014-15 - 400
                        2015-16 - 418
                        2016-17 - 528
                        2017-18 - 527
                        2018-19 - 481
                        2019-20 - 304
                        2020-21 - 253

Their graduate enrollment ranged from 14 to 42 during those years. What puts that in perspective for me is that my high school graduating class was 526 students.

Not the conference I was wishing for but it is what it is.

Comment

Voorhees, an NAIA HBCU, is considering moving to D2 and the SIAC. https://twitter.com/CollConsulting/s...61019206029318

Comment

I'm always happy to see new schools coming to D2 but not too thrilled about Voorhees. I did find the last paragraph in the Collegiate Consulting release interesting. Apparently they have finished studies for 6 schools this year (including Thomas More) considering a move to D2. Any idea who the other 5 are? I don't believe South Carolina-Beaufort was one of them.

Collegiate Consulting has assisted six institutions in 2021 as they consider a reclassification from NAIA or NCAA Division III to NCAA Division II. Most recently, Collegiate Consulting partner Thomas More University was offered a provisional membership into the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC) beginning in the 2022-23 athletic year.
                            There was also this paragraph in the Collegiate Consulting release about Thomas More in August.

Collegiate Consulting is currently assisting five institutions as they consider a reclassification to NCAA Division II. If accepted, Thomas More University would become a provisional member of NCAA DII and GMAC for the 2022-23 academic year; and become a full member, beginning in the 2025-26 academic year.

Comment

A New Era: UT Arlington To Join Western Athletic Conference - University of Texas Arlington Athletics (utamavs.com)

Comment

CAA Welcomes Hampton University, Monmouth University And Stony Brook University As New Members - Colonial Athletic Association (CAA Sports)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X