Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Well, I'll get a look later this year with them playing GV at Lubbers. Oddly enough, they are also coming back to MI to play another GLIAC team, Davenport.
    I did think that they are currently classified as a D2 school, but I may be mistaken. GV has to play somebody.. not many takers out there.
    Interesting. Classified for playoff purposes by the NCAA? I checked and they still don't have a conference/association. That may be up in the air given the situation with their accreditor.

Roster spots are available for a $500 deposit though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Interesting. Classified for playoff purposes by the NCAA? I checked and they still don't have a conference/association. That may be up in the air given the situation with their accreditor.

Roster spots are available for a $500 deposit though.
      Wow... If that's not a red flag, then I don't know what is...
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Will Howard move to the CAA?

What will the MEAC do if this happens? Bring in D2 teams, lose more teams to other conferences or have some teams go D2 themselves?

Howard University ready to switch conferences, per sources (hbcugameday.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
          Will Howard move to the CAA?

What will the MEAC do if this happens? Bring in D2 teams, lose more teams to other conferences or have some teams go D2 themselves?

Howard University ready to switch conferences, per sources (hbcugameday.com)
          This would lead to the end of the MEAC. Not enough football teams or not enough men's team sports putting their autobid status in jeopardy. The chances of a D2 school joining are miniscule at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Wow... If that's not a red flag, then I don't know what is...
            The school is pretty shady. They got hit hard a few years ago for a scandal involving federal money and international students. They're so small in such a large city that they don't seem to have much trouble operating under the radar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

This would lead to the end of the MEAC. Not enough football teams or not enough men's team sports putting their autobid status in jeopardy. The chances of a D2 school joining are miniscule at best.
              That's pretty staggering. I can't help but think that the departure of the Florida HBCUs to the SWAC and North Carolina A&T's move to the CAA might have been the first domino to fall in the forthcoming demise of the MEAC.

Short of the MEAC convincing Kentucky State and/or Virginia State to make the move up to D1 (ask Savannah State or Winston-Salem State how much fun being a D1 program was...), I can't see that league surviving much longer.
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Vanderbilt is starting volleyball for the first time since they dropped it in 1979-80. This makes Oklahoma State the only power conference school to not sponsor the sport. Vandy is also the only SEC school not to have softball.

Vanderbilt Adds Volleyball as Varsity Sport (vucommodores.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
                  Vanderbilt is starting volleyball for the first time since they dropped it in 1979-80. This makes Oklahoma State the only power conference school to not sponsor the sport. Vandy is also the only SEC school not to have softball.

Vanderbilt Adds Volleyball as Varsity Sport (vucommodores.com)
                  That's great for Vandy. College Volleyball is one of my favorite sports to watch. It's high octane action!

Comment

• Announced today that Dallas Baptist is moving baseball from MVC to C-USA.

Comment

• Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                      Announced today that Dallas Baptist is moving baseball from MVC to C-USA.
                      No announcement yet on the Dallas Baptist or CUSA sites. If this really happens, DBU would be better off bringing baseball to D2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

No announcement yet on the Dallas Baptist or CUSA sites. If this really happens, DBU would be better off bringing baseball to D2.
                        I don't understand why they are allowed to play D1 baseball when it's offered by the LSC.

Comment

• "Per report " so not official official.

https://247sports.com/Article/Confer...ort-186549061/

Comment

• Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

I don't understand why they are allowed to play D1 baseball when it's offered by the LSC.
                            Grandfathered in. There used to be four D2 schools playing D1 baseball- Hawaii-Hilo, LeMoyne, New York Tech and DBU. The other three no longer are- Tech has suspended sports. LeMoyne is in the NE-10. Hilo is in the Pacific West.

I talked to a DBU alum about 15 years ago who told me that the school has plenty of money and could go D1 in all sports if they wanted to since they didn't have football. Said that they are very well off compared to Houston Baptist. They must have their reasons.

Comment

• It was the new policy in 2011 that cut off D1 sports by non-D1 members. I believe there is a provision to allow Dallas Baptist, for example, to bring a women's team to D1 due to Title IX.

Comment

• Not directly sports related, but something more important- academics. Iowa State will be leaving the AAU. Nebraska used to be a member but left after being admitted to the Big Ten.

https://www.inside.iastate.edu/article/2022/04/21/aau

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X