Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2 Brands

Maybe just the timing of when I joined but GVSU and UM-D were always synonymous with successful D2 football.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Maybe just the timing of when I joined but GVSU and UM-D were always synonymous with successful D2 football.
        Duluth was definitely the brand up there when I joined too, it seems like Mankato took the torch the past decade.

Comment

Not a part of D2 anymore but the Lions of North Alabama WERE among the top programs. 11-14 record since leaving speaks the truth of thinking even top D2 teams are ready for that next step....it's a doozey !!

Comment

Ouachita Baptist, Harding, and Fort Hays have never even sniffed national prominence.

VSU and GVSU are probably the most nationally recognized outside of D-II circles, but that has more to do with the coaches who have passed through those schools.

As far as within D-II circles, NWMSU, Pitt State, GVSU, VSU are the "brands". They are the programs that have had repeated success over decades. Perhaps UWF will join that list, but they are still too new to be on it. Carson-Newman deserves an honorable mention.

Comment

Comment

??????
                Last edited by crixus; 07-25-2021, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

Ouachita Baptist, Harding, and Fort Hays have never even sniffed national prominence.

VSU and GVSU are probably the most nationally recognized outside of D-II circles, but that has more to do with the coaches who have passed through those schools.

As far as within D-II circles, NWMSU, Pitt State, GVSU, VSU are the "brands". They are the programs that have had repeated success over decades. Perhaps UWF will join that list, but they are still too new to be on it. Carson-Newman deserves an honorable mention.
                  I was gonna say, I can say with a fair amount of confidence that I would not out Ouachita, Harding or Fort Hays anywhere near a prominent D2 brand. Maybe regionally sure, but nationally I can tell you that most D2 athletes have probably not even heard of these schoolset alone the public

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X