Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Division II Imperialism Map: 2021 Edition

https://i.imgur.com/TM2kBZF.jpg

I should probably add a clarification for those who aren't familiar with the concept.

College Football Imperialism was invented in 2017 by Reddit user nbingham196. Each county is assigned to the closest football team. Whenever the owner of a county loses, that county is transferred to the team that beat them. As the season goes on, there will be fewer teams with land; in 2019 a total of 8 teams had land on the final map (West Florida, of course, had most of it).

Comment

As you know we don't have any D2 football programs left in SoCal and Western New Mexico doesn't have a fan base here. I guess you had to pick a team and I like the Mustangs logo, so good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
        As you know we don't have any D2 football programs left in SoCal and Western New Mexico doesn't have a fan base here. I guess you had to pick a team and I like the Mustangs logo, so good choice.
        It will be interesting to see if the LSC owns it all at the end with the scheduling Alliance.

Comment

I always thought this was a neat concept. I wish the teams were spread out a bit better, especially in the SW US - that would really make it interesting.

Comment

Here's what the map looks like after Week 1: https://i.imgur.com/xL2l08W.jpg

Comment

Cool. Should be fun. Thanks for putting it together.

Comment

Dang four teams control about half the area of the country already thanks to Azusa and Humboldt

Comment

Updated after today's games:

https://i.imgur.com/WgLAPci.jpg

Comment

Comment

Gannon beat Northwood, then Shepherd beat Gannon.

Comment

So, if a team loses are they gone from the map for good or if they beat a team with land, do they return to the map?

Comment

Originally posted by psugorilla View Post
                          So, if a team loses are they gone from the map for good or if they beat a team with land, do they return to the map?
                          They return to the map. Several teams have done that already: Davenport, Findlay, Kentucky Wesleyan, Oklahoma Baptist, West Chester.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

They return to the map. Several teams have done that already: Davenport, Findlay, Kentucky Wesleyan, Oklahoma Baptist, West Chester.
                            In theory I could see them getting their own territory back too. For example if Team A beats team B, Team C then beats team A, then Team B beats Team C they would get their initial land back and ironically Team A's who beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Gannon beat Northwood, then Shepherd beat Gannon.
                              I figured it was probably something I was overlooking; and that's it. Thanks!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X