Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

They return to the map. Several teams have done that already: Davenport, Findlay, Kentucky Wesleyan, Oklahoma Baptist, West Chester.
    Just playing devils advocate here...So if a team enters the last week of the season 10-0 plays, and LOSES, to an 0-10 team, that now 1-10 team marches into the off season "owning" a large chunk of the nation while the 10-1 team marches into the playoffs owning nothing?

Second question...Team A plays and beats Team C in week 1,..week 2 Team B plays and loses to Team A...week 3 Team A plays and loses to Team C. Team C "owns" the land of Team A, B and C even though they lost to Team A in week one?
    Last edited by boatcapt; 09-16-2021, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Just playing devils advocate here...So if a team enters the last week of the season 10-0 plays, and LOSES, to an 0-10 team, that now 1-10 team marches into the off season "owning" a large chunk of the nation while the 10-1 team marches into the playoffs owning nothing?

Second question...Team A plays and beats Team C in week 1,..week 2 Team B plays and loses to Team A...week 3 Team A plays and loses to Team C. Team C "owns" the land of Team A, B and C even though they lost to Team A in week one?
      1. Yes, postseason status is irrelevant to land ownership (although the title winner will have a huge majority of the land on offer due to the fact that most playoff teams enter with some land)

2. Yes, If team A has land and loses to team C, team C gets the land regardless of how the last game went.

Comment

https://i.imgur.com/hqNimci.jpeg

Missouri Western is the first team to regain their own territory.
        Last edited by Inkblot; 09-20-2021, 05:02 PM.

Comment

https://i.imgur.com/L1L5qP0.jpeg

Updated after Week 4.

Comment

This map is starting to look way less chaotic. Looking forward to your breakdown.

Comment

This is just so cool!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post
                This map is starting to look way less chaotic. Looking forward to your breakdown.
                My breakdown is now posted on Reddit: https://old.reddit.com/r/CFB/comment...sm_map_week_4/

Comment

Updated after week 5: https://i.imgur.com/1uLVPkW.jpeg

Comment

Comment

FHSU keeps the land until they lose. Whenever they lose next, whoever beats them gets the land.

Comment

Updated after week 5: https://i.imgur.com/1uLVPkW.jpeg
                        Excuse my ignorance but several teams in SR1 area are all over the place. An area of Western Pa is suitably tagged with the S of SRU in the area of the state where they're located. But another much larger swath of S territory extends from Eastern PA into Eastern NY state. And I see the BENTLEY B in New England where they're dominant as well as Southeastern Pa where they've not visited since '17. Finally NY state should be blank since in the entire state there is ONE, COUNT IT, ONE D2 football school and being that it's PACE they certainly don't deserve any territory.
                        Please help me understand. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Excuse my ignorance but several teams in SR1 area are all over the place. An area of Western Pa is suitably tagged with the S of SRU in the area of the state where they're located. But another much larger swath of S territory extends from Eastern PA into Eastern NY state. And I see the BENTLEY B in New England where they're dominant as well as Southeastern Pa where they've not visited since '17. Finally NY state should be blank since in the entire state there is ONE, COUNT IT, ONE D2 football school and being that it's PACE they certainly don't deserve any territory.
                          Please help me understand. Thanks.
                          It's explained in the second post of this thread.

College Football Imperialism was invented in 2017 by Reddit user nbingham196. Each county is assigned to the closest football team. Whenever the owner of a county loses, that county is transferred to the team that beat them. As the season goes on, there will be fewer teams with land; in 2019 a total of 8 teams had land on the final map (West Florida, of course, had most of it).

Comment

It's explained in the second post of this thread.
                            I read that part but don't understand how SRU has standing in any part of Eastern PA which is still being contested by at least two other teams. And Bentley also seems way too spread out. They certainly should be covering all of New England with only UNH as a roadblock to a perfect regular season. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

I read that part but don't understand how SRU has standing in any part of Eastern PA which is still being contested by at least two other teams. And Bentley also seems way too spread out. They certainly should be covering all of New England with only UNH as a roadblock to a perfect regular season. Thanks for your reply.
                              As an example, in week one East Stroudsburg beat Pace. This gave ESU the original Pace territory as well as their own. In week two, Slippery Rock beat ESU and took both those territories. Since SRU hasn't lost, they still hold those territories. That's why SRU has that chunk of eastern PA/NY/NJ.

Comment

What's going to happen with most of Florid since FIT no longer plays football

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X