Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I'm surprised that the MIAA doesn't have a forfeit policy similar to the D1 Power Five conferences in which, under this scenario, Northwest Missouri would've been credited with a win. I can't help but wonder how this will impact potential post-season rankings.
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Comment

https://gscsports.org/documents/2021...v5.pdf?id=2860

Comment

The MIAA will use a weighted formula to determine Conference champs: 80% winning percentage/20% number of games.

Comment

I would have to think that the programs who are all vaccinated and their schools themselves are taking Covid pretty seriously all year could have better selection odds. Especially if a region ends up with a couple of teams who are all pretty close in the 6 to 9 range. Can't be any worse than some of the other methods that the selection committee has used in the past, like not ranking an undefeated Tuskegee because they didn't participate in the playoffs and giving an SIAC team a bid at the cost of Carson Newman comes to mind.

Comment

I guess I don't understand covid protocol. I assumed Washburn would have to cancel due to the exposure to Lincoln.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                  I guess I don't understand covid protocol. I assumed Washburn would have to cancel due to the exposure to Lincoln.

Comment

It all rides on testing day which should be Tuesday everywhere but apparently is left to the individual programs to decide. When the NCAA sets the rules in the post season I expect that will change to a standard day. The 8,9,10 teams in each region best keep practicing so they're ready if/when opportunity knocks.

Comment

Comment

Not playing a game against what might be the worst team in D2 definitely should not hurt playoff chances.

Comment

What are the rules? Does the whole team have to cancel if only some players have it, or do they just bench those who tested positive like last year?

Comment

They don't call their bus driver "kissing booth Craig" for nothing.

Comment

I think you are incorrectly assuming Lincoln has players with COVID. Nothing online mentions anything about positive tests. They all state COVID-19 concerns, issues or protocols within the program. That could mean a lot of things.
                              Go Hounds!
                              B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                              Cyclone Power
                              ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                                I think you are incorrectly assuming Lincoln has players with COVID. Nothing online mentions anything about positive tests. They all state COVID-19 concerns, issues or protocols within the program. That could mean a lot of things.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X