Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No idea. Could be positive cases, could be exposure, contact tracing, protocol violation, etc. It seems every county health dept. is different and I have no idea what the current MIAA protocol is. It's not like they are legally bound to say to the media. Moot point anyway. No game and all this could've been avoided IMO.
    Go Hounds!
    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
    Cyclone Power
    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I'm surprised that the MIAA doesn't have a forfeit policy similar to the D1 Power Five conferences in which, under this scenario, Northwest Missouri would've been credited with a win. I can't help but wonder how this will impact potential post-season rankings.
      NW gets an 0-11 off their SOS and that's nothing but a big positive.
      Go Hounds!
      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
      Cyclone Power
      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

There have been zero documented cases of Covid being transmitted during competition. The greatest threat of transmission would be during bus rides and hotel stays.

Comment

I wonder if the MIAA would consider allowing OOC games in the event of more covid19 cancellations such as this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post

Winston-Salem rejecting a home game vs. GVSU makes absolutely no sense unless they are afraid of a loss.
            Why? UNCP was an out of conference annual rivalry game...A game vs GVSU would be an out of conference game vs a rando opponent. Other than giving WSSU 11 games, it served no purpose. As a non conf game, it would serve no purpose in the conference standings.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
              I wonder if the MIAA would consider allowing OOC games in the event of more covid19 cancellations such as this one?
              Just kinda depends on if there's any other program around that has a opening and is willing to overcome the logistics of getting together for a game.

Comment

Wednesday midday and no cancellations as yet apparently. Is that good news or am I whistling past the graveyard ? And yes I am challenging the jinx !!

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                  Wednesday midday and no cancellations as yet apparently. Is that good news or am I whistling past the graveyard ? And yes I am challenging the jinx !!
                  Well NWMS vs Lin... I think. So that's one. Hopefully the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Well NWMS vs Lin... I think. So that's one. Hopefully the only one.
                    I was thinking of others beyond those as already knew about and yes, hopefully the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Why? UNCP was an out of conference annual rivalry game...A game vs GVSU would be an out of conference game vs a rando opponent. Other than giving WSSU 11 games, it served no purpose. As a non conf game, it would serve no purpose in the conference standings.
                      Well maybe cashing a check and letting in 5k in the stands might help the bottom line and you could have played a game...but I am sure WSSU is loaded and the money means nothing and the kids dont really want to play anyway right?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post

Well maybe cashing a check and letting in 5k in the stands might help the bottom line and you could have played a game...but I am sure WSSU is loaded and the money means nothing and the kids dont really want to play anyway right?
                        UNC-PEMBROKE just got their game at WEST VIRGINIA WESLEYAN canceled due to COVID issues at WVW. So much for the Braves season. Maybe next week vs GLENVILLE STATE.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post

Post said they were afraid to play GVSU. The WSSU/UNCP game is a big rivalry game. In fact, the game is so big that UNCP negotiated an agreement with the MEC when they joined the conference that they would be permitted to play it every year. You don't just throw another opponent in at the last minute and call it good. WSSU throwing GVSU in place of UNCP is like GVSU throwing Chowan in as a last minute replacement for Saginaw Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                              I would guess that a lot of programs might be testing players the day before the game. Or at least on Thursday for a Saturday game and would be getting the results on Friday.

Comment

Saint Augustine's has cancelled their trip to meet Limestone tomorrow due to COVID quarantine rules...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X