Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UNC-PEMBROKE enjoying their fill-in game at FINDLAY 14-14 at the start of the 3rd. Stadium looks empty probably due the last minute addition of this game.

Teams traded TDs so 21-21 with 7:30 to go in the 3rd.

And again they trade TDs so 28-28 after 3 qtrs.
    Last edited by CALUPA69; 09-11-2021, 06:31 PM.

Comment

28-28 in regulation so FINDLAY and UNC-PEMBROKE going to OT.

UNC-P gets the ball first.

UNC-P stopped. FINDLEY takes it in from the 25 in 3 plays. Final FINDLAY 34 UNC-P 28
      Last edited by CALUPA69; 09-11-2021, 07:03 PM.

Comment

The UT-Permian Basin at Simon Fraser game scheduled for 10/2 has been cancelled. UTPB is citing issues with having to cross the border-for those who may not know, Simon Fraser is in Canada.

Both teams now have an open date, it is unknown if either school will be able to schedule a game in its place.

Link:

https://utpbfalcons.com/news/2021/9/...-canceled.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
          The UT-Permian Basin at Simon Fraser game scheduled for 10/2 has been cancelled. UTPB is citing issues with having to cross the border-for those who may not know, Simon Fraser is in Canada.

Both teams now have an open date, it is unknown if either school will be able to schedule a game in its place.

Link:

Counts as a Covid cancellation I guess. Kinda surprised that SFU didn't offer to at least play their home game in Washington somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Link:

So essentially UTPB is admitting that they don't have enough players vaccinated to field a team in Canada, it seems like.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

Counts as a Covid cancellation I guess. Kinda surprised that SFU didn't offer to at least play their home game in Washington somewhere.
              It was talked about on the LSC forums. SFU would have had to quarantine in the US for 3 days before heading back to Canada which caused issues, which could have been of course finding enough motel rooms for the time. This will be true of all their remaining games I assume too, but they had time to book rooms well in advance.

Of course UTPB fans might not have also liked the masks required even for vaccinated in all large outdoor gatherings that is required in Washington. Sadly I saw not all were following it two Sundays ago at the Seahawk's game.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

So essentially UTPB is admitting that they don't have enough players vaccinated to field a team in Canada, it seems like.
                That's what it feels like to me. CWU requires all athletes and staff to be vaccinated which I assume if for all sports teams getting into Canada to play SFU.

Comment

Comment

According to both the TAMUC and UFTL websites the game is still on.

Lion Football opens up three-game homestand against the Eagles

Comment

Seems like a cowards way to duck an opponent I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

Seems like a cowards way to duck an opponent I guess.
                        Take that up with the Canadian government. From what it sounds like, it's the Canadian COVID protocols, which are far more stringent than most US states, might have played a factor in the cancellation. So I don't think it's fair to entirely place the blame on UTPB or to call them "cowardly" for having to cancel the game.

Also worth noting that UTPB's season opener at home against the University of Fort Lauderdale was cancelled due to COVID issues at UFTL, though UTPB was able to get a home game at Southwest Baptist to open the season.
                        Last edited by ctrabs74; 10-02-2021, 09:19 PM.
                        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

I could be mistaken, but I believe there's a mandatory quarantine for entering Canada. Unless the Canadians relaxed their restrictions for non-professional athletes, there is/was still a 14 day quarantine upon entering Canada.

Here are the current requirements for entering Canada:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post

According to both the TAMUC and UFTL websites the game is still on.

Lion Football opens up three-game homestand against the Eagles
                            FINAL from Commerce: TAMUC 72, UFTL 6

Comment

Overlooked, but Catawba had to cancel their last two games (at Wingate on 9/25, home vs. Limestone 10/2) due to COVID issues.

http://gocatawbaindians.com/article.asp?articleID=9923

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Take that up with the Canadian government. From what it sounds like, it's the Canadian COVID protocols, which are far more stringent than most US states, might have played a factor in the cancellation. So I don't think it's fair to entirely place the blame on UTPB or to call them "cowardly" for having to cancel the game.

Also worth noting that UTPB's season opener at home against the University of Fort Lauderdale was cancelled due to COVID issues at UFTL, though UTPB was able to get a home game at Southwest Baptist to open the season.
                                Canada posted that a couple of months back. UTPB all had plenty of time to get the shot and be able to go play a game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X