Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Florida View Post

They would want no part of a home and home with West Florida. Nobody wants to play UWF so that is becoming a scheduling problem. Hats off to Texas A&M Commerce for agreeing to a home and home!
    Huh? GV will play anyone.

Comment

I think they have called every respectable team in the country. Nobody wants a piece of the Argos. At this point you can throw your jr/sr stuff out the window. If you have the guts to play West Florida give them a call. If not, you don't want the smoke.
      Oddly quiet from Allendale...which is unusual in my experience....you may be right.

Comment

With a lot of conferences now filling all but maybe 1 slot available for OOC play, right now it makes it difficult for some scheduling options in the region. That may change once Conference Carolinas establishes football for it's existing and future members. I could easily see some of the Conference Carolina schools working out scheduling of some OOC games with many of the GSC schools, including West Florida (especially with some of the school's close ties with Coach Shinick).

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Huh? GV will play anyone.
          You would certainly know better than me so I stand corrected. A lot of talk from people in the program is that scheduling has become incredibly tough due to recent success. Sounds like they have a willing opponent in the future. Would love to see it! I really enjoy the content you put out on facebook with the columnist. I had not discovered that until this season.
          * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
          * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
          * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
          * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Oddly quiet from Allendale...which is unusual in my experience....you may be right.
            Huh? What is that meant to imply?

I have no knowledge if GV did or didn't make a contact. However, based upon current scheduling and history, I think GV has been known to play anyone. There are limits as travel isn't free. I'm not familiar with WF's history, but how's their track record for OOC games? Have they played much of anyone in the north?

WF may have some of the same issues as GV wrt scheduling, But there is some history with GV.

Comment

You would certainly know better than me so I stand corrected. A lot of talk from people in the program is that scheduling has become incredibly tough due to recent success. Sounds like they have a willing opponent in the future. Would love to see it! I really enjoy the content you put out on facebook with the columnist. I had not discovered that until this season.
              Thank you. I appreciate it. Please tell others. We want to continue to grow it.

There is no doubt that scheduling becomes more difficult when a program has become more successful. Certain scheduling practices by conferences doesn't help either.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
                I'm guessing if it were that easy for GSC schools to schedule OOC D2 games DSU would not be playing UWG twice this season....
                Yea, I'd guess that's a budget issue.

Comment

They would want no part of a home and home with West Florida. Nobody wants to play UWF so that is becoming a scheduling problem. Hats off to Texas A&M Commerce for agreeing to a home and home!
                  Everyone school has a travel budget, in most cases I'd say money is the issue. If UWF was willing to pay travel expenses, you'd have em lined up.

Comment

There is no doubt that scheduling becomes more difficult when a program has become more successful. Certain scheduling practices by conferences doesn't help either.
                    Although I sorta agree, It's not the implied fear of UWF that's the issue, as much as the almost universal custom in college football of playing the softest possible OOC schedule. But that's changing and one way to encourage this is giving strength of schedule more weight in the playoff selection process.

Comment

CSUP would also have zero problem with scheduling that game if they had open dates. You have a good program but relax a bit.

Comment

Add in the fact that many good programs have their OOC games for the next 2-4 years already scheduled...

Comment

According to the open dates list on this site the Argos have two open dates available for the first two weeks of 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
                            I'm guessing if it were that easy for GSC schools to schedule OOC D2 games DSU would not be playing UWG twice this season....

Comment

I think they have called every respectable team in the country. Nobody wants a piece of the Argos. At this point you can throw your jr/sr stuff out the window. If you have the guts to play West Florida give them a call. If not, you don't want the smoke.

Comment

Perhaps UWF should not wait until the year of or year before to try and schedule games. Nah, it can't be their lack of planning, it must be that everyone is just scared of them. Yawn.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X