Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the marquee matchups this week?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florida vs the Alabama 2nd stringers

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
      Florida vs the Alabama 2nd stringers
      This aged like milk.

Comment

Ferris / SVSU was probably the game of the week

I should clarify: craziest game for sure, not the best football on display though

Comment

I ended up watching the first half of Bemidji St. vs Minnesota St. and it was competitive but I see MSU ran away with it.

Comment

Potential good games this week:

#10 GVSU AT Michigan Tech
            Tech entered the 4th with a lead last tim these two played, should be a good measuring stick to see how much the GV offense has improved

#18 Augustana AT Bemidji
            Bemidji played Mankato tough last week and Augustana has been rolling

Truman State AT #13 Tiffin
            I think Truman is good enough to make a game of this despite being on the road against a top-15 opponent

#7 Ouachita AT #22 Harding
            The only ranked matchup of the weekend and the winner will likely host a playoff game

This is a non-exhaustive list BTW

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

Tech entered the 4th with a lead last tim these two played, should be a good measuring stick to see how much the GV offense has improved

#18 Augustana AT Bemidji

I think Truman is good enough to make a game of this despite being on the road against a top-15 opponent

The only ranked matchup of the weekend and the winner will likely host a playoff game

I picked Tiffin in my column, but not at all surprised Truman pulled this out. Bulldogs play tough defense, run the ball well, have an efficient and effective QB, and play generally clean ball. They'll be tough for anyone they play. At this point they have to be favorites to win the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

#18 Augustana AT Bemidji

Wow two upsets in your picks, thanks for the heads up! Good Job.

If the scoreboard is accurate ( I see one inaccurate score MC did not beat UWA)

There were a lot of close games today, 5 Ranked teams lost.
                4 of them to unranked teams while playing at home
                3 by a field goal Min Duluth(11), Tiffin(13), IUP(19)
                Shepard(8) also lost at home, but by 8

Ouachita Baptist(7) lost big on the road to Harding (22) in the only competitive ranked vs ranked game
                Last edited by boyblue; 09-25-2021, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

Wow two upsets in your picks, thanks for the heads up! Good Job.

If the scoreboard is accurate ( I see one inaccurate score MC did not beat UWA)

There were a lot of close games today, 5 Ranked teams lost.
                  4 of them to unranked teams while playing at home
                  3 by a field goal Min Duluth(11), Tiffin(13), IUP(19)
                  Shepard(8) also lost at home, but by 8

Ouachita Baptist(7) lost big on the road to Harding (22) in the only competitive ranked vs ranked game
                  Indy(19) lost in 2OT to unranked ODU by a FG when they chose to go for a first down on 4th and 1 rather than kick a tying FG to go to a 3rd OT. The run was stuffed. Indy, now 2-2, may have been overestimated.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Indy(19) lost in 2OT to unranked ODU by a FG when they chose to go for a first down on 4th and 1 rather than kick a tying FG to go to a 3rd OT. The run was stuffed. Indy, now 2-2, may have been overestimated.
                    Indy probably wishing they still had Al McKeller. Great get for the Bearcats. He's been a beast in the MIAA so far and every bit as advertised.
                    Go Hounds!
                    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                    Cyclone Power
                    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

Indy probably wishing they still had Al McKeller. Great get for the Bearcats. He's been a beast in the MIAA so far and every bit as advertised.
                      Yes, indeed, that 6.6 yards per carry would have come in handy when "Dem Mutts" needed ONE YARD !!!

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

I'm trying to imagine how that could ever be considered a good decision. I came up with two

1.They were playing with a chess clock and they were about to run oit of time.

or

2. The Place Kicker quit the team during the game (Oklahoma Shade)

Comment

I'm trying to imagine how that could ever be considered a good decision. I came up with two

or

UIndy prides itself in running the ball well. It's in their DNA. Toriano Clinton is an extremely capable back. I'm sure Keevers had no doubt they'd get that one yard. Normally I'd have just as much confidence.

However ODU has been tough against the run all season and all day.

I think the real missed opportunity was in the first OT when the UIndy player fumbled at the one yard line trying to stretch for the goal line. Sad thing is it would've set up 1st and goal had he just protected the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryon Ramos View Post

UIndy prides itself in running the ball well. It's in their DNA. Toriano Clinton is an extremely capable back. I'm sure Keevers had no doubt they'd get that one yard. Normally I'd have just as much confidence.

However ODU has been tough against the run all season and all day.

I think the real missed opportunity was in the first OT when the UIndy player fumbled at the one yard line trying to stretch for the goal line. Sad thing is it would've set up 1st and goal had he just protected the ball.
                            A lot of flukey plays at the end including two misses from a kicker who was 4-5 on the season before yesterday's 2-5. As per the announcers the wind was swirling.

Comment

or

Tornado, kicker with crippling diarrhea, Chicago black Sox situation, kickers dog was taken hostage...

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Tornado, kicker with crippling diarrhea, Chicago black Sox situation, kickers dog was taken hostage...
                                LOL Black Sox "Situation" really got me

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X