Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the marquee matchups this week?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    4-1 Pitt St & 4-0 NWMSU should be a good match up

Would have watched if it were free cause we had a blowout. Don't think any of the GSC games were close today

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

Would have watched if it were free cause we had a blowout. Don't think any of the GSC games were close today
      West Georgia/MS. College was a one score game with 10 minutes to play

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

West Georgia/MS. College was a one score game with 10 minutes to play
          Yea, kinda know how that one was gonna end :) Watched a replay of the Wayne State vs MSU game. Still don't understand that meltdown. It only shows that you have to 60 mins.

Comment

Key match up in the GAC this coming Saturday is undefeated Henderson State and Harding (5-1). This game pits the # 1 offense in the conference, Henderson State that averages 47.7 pts/game vs # 1 defense, Harding that holds teams to an average of 12.7 yards/game. Winner will have an inside track on the conference title and hosting a playoff game.

Comment

Should be a great afternoon for Homecoming in Slippery Rock on Saturday at 1:00 as the IUP Crimson Hawks show up intent on ending The Rock's unbeaten season. With an earlier lose to Shepherd, IUP's opportunity to stay in the thick of the post season race may depend on a win here. But PSAC stat wise the #2 SRU offense will be a challenge for the #12 IUP defense and the #8 IUP offense may find it tough to score on The Rock's #2 defense. However, old rivalries such as this one are very risky to predict so we shall see.
              Free streaming available for anyone interested.

Comment

Yea that was entertaining. Any idea how much the schools get out of streaming? Wouldn't feel good creating another Billionaire but if schools are getting a sizable chunk I'll definitely support.

Comment

Originally posted by OldBison View Post
                  Key match up in the GAC this coming Saturday is undefeated Henderson State and Harding (5-1). This game pits the # 1 offense in the conference, Henderson State that averages 47.7 pts/game vs # 1 defense, Harding that holds teams to an average of 12.7 yards/game. Winner will have an inside track on the conference title and hosting a playoff game.
                  This game should be on everyone's radar. This gets a must see TV rating. But, the news here is Southeastern Oklahoma. Beating Harding and losing by 3 to Henderson is something you'd expect from a Ouachita Baptist :) so now I have 4 GAC schools on my list of who is who.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                    Should be a great afternoon for Homecoming in Slippery Rock on Saturday at 1:00 as the IUP Crimson Hawks show up intent on ending The Rock's unbeaten season. With an earlier lose to Shepherd, IUP's opportunity to stay in the thick of the post season race may depend on a win here. But PSAC stat wise the #2 SRU offense will be a challenge for the #12 IUP defense and the #8 IUP offense may find it tough to score on The Rock's #2 defense. However, old rivalries such as this one are very risky to predict so we shall see.
                    Free streaming available for anyone interested.
                    Bump that, Can you tell me how & why VSU lost two great QB's to Slippery Rock?

Comment

Bump that, Can you tell me how & why VSU lost two great QB's to Slippery Rock?
                      For that information you'll need to talk to RockNation or another SRU follower. As an interested third party, I've been asking myself for quite some time why anyone would make the decision to go to either SRU or IUP ......and still haven't a clue.

Comment

For that information you'll need to talk to RockNation or another SRU follower. As an interested third party, I've been asking myself for quite some time why anyone would make the decision to go to either SRU or IUP ......and still haven't a clue.
                        LOl, Oooo, Shade :)

Comment

So I've had to reach a bit to find good games in the past... that is not necessary this week

#19 Augustana @ #23 Wayne State (NE.): Both teams looking to gain pole position in a wide-open NSIC race

#3 Valdosta State @ #10 West Alabama: No elaboration required, might be the regular season game of the year

#9 Harding @ #18 Henderson State: De-facto conference championship game between some of the nation's best offensive (Henderson) and defensive (Harding) units

#15 West Georgia @ #1 West Florida: probably the biggest reach of the bunch, I'm including it for posterity

#2 Ferris State @ #6 Grand Valley State: Same stakes as HU/HSU with the addition of home field advantage throughout the playoffs being on the line, also might be the regular season GOTY

IUP @ #7 Slippery Rock: Included because I think it sounds like a good game, I have no evidence to back that assessment up

GET READY FRIENDS, WE'VE GOT 8 CONSECUTIVE HOURS OF GREAT FOOTBALL ON TAP THIS SATURDAY
                          Last edited by Mk63NuclearBomb; 10-12-2021, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
                            So I've had to reach a bit to find good games in the past... that is not necessary this week

#19 Augustana @ #23 Wayne State (NE.): Both teams looking to gain pole position in a wide-open NSIC race

#3 Valdosta State @ #10 West Alabama: No elaboration required, might be the regular season game of the year

#9 Harding @ #18 Henderson State: De-facto conference championship game between some of the nation's best offensive (Henderson) and defensive (Harding) units

#15 West Georgia @ #1 West Florida: probably the biggest reach of the bunch, I'm including it for posterity

#2 Ferris State @ #6 Grand Valley State: Same stakes as HU/HSU with the addition of home field advantage throughout the playoffs being on the line, also might be the regular season GOTY

#7 Slippery Rock @ IUP: Included because I think it sounds like a good game, I have no evidence to back that assessment up

GET READY FRIENDS, WE'VE GOT 8 CONSECUTIVE HOURS OF GREAT FOOTBALL ON TAP THIS SATURDAY
                            Actually it's IUP @ #7 SRU and with one lose already the Crimson Hawks badly need this one over The Rock. No time for them to rest as next Saturday IUP hosts #21 CAL U in the 12th Coal Bowl.

Comment

The best game of the week is Ferris State at Grand Valley State. According to the D2football.com itself, its number 2 versus number 6, and both are undefeated. Winner is pretty much a lock for the one seed in the region for the playoffs. Not to mention that there's years of good old fashion hate between the two rivals. Loser isn't totally out of the playoff picture, but winning here makes the math easier.

Comment

Actually it's IUP @ #7 SRU and with one lose already the Crimson Hawks badly need this one over The Rock. No time for them to rest as next Saturday IUP hosts #21 CAL U in the 12th Coal Bowl.
                                Good catch! I've changed it, but FTR I think it's a good game regardless of where it's played

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X