Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the marquee matchups this week?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

Good catch! I've changed it, but FTR I think it's a good game regardless of where it's played
    Also Homecoming game between two old and bitter rivals !! Should be fun.

Comment

Wayne State vs. Augustana is the GOTW in the NSIC.

Wayne came out of nowhere and is currently sitting at 5-1, having beat two #11 teams on the road, and a very competent Winona State team. Augustana looked to be the early front runner in the conference, and is arguably the #2 team in the conference right now.

One of the more anticipated games in recent memory, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

Bump that, Can you tell me how & why VSU lost two great QB's to Slippery Rock?
        2???

I know of only one.. Harlon Hill winner Roland Rivers III

Comment

Virginia State v. #12 Bowie State is the game of the week for the CIAA. Since 2011 Virginia State is up 5-4 in the series with the largest margin of victory being 12 points, six of the games have been decided by a TD or less. Virginia State is also coming into this game with back to back dominant victories, and Bowie is coming in after their offense was shutdown by Chowan last week.
          Last edited by LegalRam; 10-13-2021, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

2???

I know of only one.. Harlon Hill winner Roland Rivers III
            My bad thought Rogan Wells went to the Rock but checked and found out he went to play for his brother at Tusculum and ended up at Western Carolina I believe playing for our former coach Kerwin Bell. Guess he has a story to tell
            Last edited by boyblue; 10-14-2021, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
              Virginia State v. #12 Bowie State is the game of the week for the CIAA. Since 2011 Virginia State is up 5-4 in the series with the largest margin of victory being 12 points, six of the games have been decided by a TD or less. Virginia State is also coming into this game with back to back dominant victories, and Bowie is coming in after their offense was shutdown by Chowan last week.
              While not marquee status on paper, Bowie usually has tough games against Virginia State. I think Bowie is going to win, but don't expect it to be an easy win.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

While not marquee status on paper, Bowie usually has tough games against Virginia State. I think Bowie is going to win, but don't expect it to be an easy win.
                My fellow BSU fan, I have it being a blowout at home. That BSU defense is playing on a whole new stratosphere right now lol. Don't see VSU scoring more than 10 and the BSU offense will bounce back from the low scoring affair vs Chowan

Comment

So I've had to reach a bit to find good games in the past... that is not necessary this week

#19 Augustana @ #23 Wayne State (NE.): Both teams looking to gain pole position in a wide-open NSIC race

#3 Valdosta State @ #10 West Alabama: No elaboration required, might be the regular season game of the year

#9 Harding @ #18 Henderson State: De-facto conference championship game between some of the nation's best offensive (Henderson) and defensive (Harding) units

#15 West Georgia @ #1 West Florida: probably the biggest reach of the bunch, I'm including it for posterity

#2 Ferris State @ #6 Grand Valley State: Same stakes as HU/HSU with the addition of home field advantage throughout the playoffs being on the line, also might be the regular season GOTY

IUP @ #7 Slippery Rock: Included because I think it sounds like a good game, I have no evidence to back that assessment up

GET READY FRIENDS, WE'VE GOT 8 CONSECUTIVE HOURS OF GREAT FOOTBALL ON TAP THIS SATURDAY
                  I certainly would not discount West Georgia. UWF has never beaten the Wolves in Pensacola and have been outscored 96 - 7. (and yes that is accurate) West Georgia is #4 in total offense, #2 in passing offense and #13 in scoring defense. Their QB has almost 2000 yards already and their WR's are as good as anyone in the country. I expect a shoot out, maybe the last team with the ball wins. (which means it will probably be a defensive struggle and end 17-14 with someone winning on a FG :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post

I certainly would not discount West Georgia. UWF has never beaten the Wolves in Pensacola and have been outscored 96 - 7. (and yes that is accurate) West Georgia is #4 in total offense, #2 in passing offense and #13 in scoring defense. Their QB has almost 2000 yards already and their WR's are as good as anyone in the country. I expect a shoot out, maybe the last team with the ball wins. (which means it will probably be a defensive struggle and end 17-14 with someone winning on a FG :-)
                    To be fair: I didn't say it would be bad, just that it doesn't look as good as some of the other games this weekend with UWG having lost to UWA by 18. I'm fully prepared to eat my words on that one though!

Comment

To be fair: I didn't say it would be bad, just that it doesn't look as good as some of the other games this weekend with UWG having lost to UWA by 18. I'm fully prepared to eat my words on that one though!
                      True, but that's the GSC, Mississippi should have beaten UWA and UWG beat them by 21, UWG beat Shorter 56-0 and Shorter was only down 13-14 to VSU at half, Delta State should have beaten UWF and VSU destroyed them 55-0, etc, etc... I'm sure it is like that in some of the other conferences this season. Certainly makes for great Saturdays of D2 football.

Comment

I guess I'm late this week, but so is everyone else so it doesn't seem to matter. Regardless, Games That I Think Might Be Good:

Savannah State @ Albany State: Albany has flown under the radar this year, this could be their breakout game.

#20 Cal-Pa. @ #24 IUP: CalU plays their first real opponent while IUP is looking to validate their upset of then-#7 Slippery Rock. The coaches have Cal all the way up at #5 for some reason, so this is probably our best chance for a "top-10" upset this week. My pick for game of the week.

#19 Augustana @ #23 Minnesota State: The NSIC is maybe the most interesting conference in the country after being a one-horse race for most of the 2010's. Augustana claimed pole position with their win over WSC last week, but MSU is still in it despite having lost two games already.

West Chester @ #11 Shepherd: Shepherd's offense has looked unstoppable but West Chester can put up points if a rickety Rams defense gives them the chance.

Comment

I guess I'm late this week, but so is everyone else so it doesn't seem to matter. Regardless, Games That I Think Might Be Good:

Savannah State @ Albany State: Albany has flown under the radar this year, this could be their breakout game.

#20 Cal-Pa. @ #24 IUP: CalU plays their first real opponent while IUP is looking to validate their upset of then-#7 Slippery Rock. The coaches have Cal all the way up at #5 for some reason, so this is probably our best chance for a "top-10" upset this week. My pick for game of the week.

#19 Augustana @ #23 Minnesota State: The NSIC is maybe the most interesting conference in the country after being a one-horse race for most of the 2010's. Augustana claimed pole position with their win over WSC last week, but MSU is still in it despite having lost two games already.

West Chester @ #11 Shepherd: Shepherd's offense has looked unstoppable but West Chester can put up points if a rickety Rams defense gives them the chance.
                          Thanks, doubt we'll have a competitive game in the GSC this week so it's really appreciated

Comment

Well the first real opponent put up a hell of..... NAH, the C'HAWKS gave it away and the VULCANS were more than happy to accept the charity !!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/calvulcan...558339/photo/1

Comment

Comment

If you need a good game after watching that, Delta State is leading #15 UWA in the 4th quarter

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X