Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadly Shooting near NCCU vs WSSU Football Game

Stay vigilant these days while attending college football games. Unfortunately gun violence is on the rise.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-new...-remain-place/

Stay safe!!

That's insane.

Comment

Eagle 74; fake news headline you used for clickbait! Shooting not 'at' football game, only near it and had nothing to do with game.
      glad it wasn't worse. Prayers go out

Comment

Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post
        Eagle 74; fake news headline you used for clickbait! Shooting not 'at' football game, only near it and had nothing to do with game.
        Unless he's edited the headline I don't see how that's click bait. After all, the shooting was near enough that they locked down the stadium. Good chance that the matter is totally unrelated to campus activities so I get why you would feel some type of way but calling it "Fake news" is unfair.

Talking about clickbait though, what's up with the recent rash of Youtube videos with titles totally unrelated to video content?

Comment

Yeah, it certainly seemed there was an agenda beyond sharing a shooting near a stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

Unless he's edited the headline I don't see how that's click bait. After all, the shooting was near enough that they locked down the stadium. Good chance that the matter is totally unrelated to campus activities so I get why you would feel some type of way but calling it "Fake news" is unfair.

Talking about clickbait though, what's up with the recent rash of Youtube videos with titles totally unrelated to video content?
            I changed it. The only reason it was applicable to the game was that the stadium was put on lockdown.

Comment

So, if you take time to read it, the thread title says 'Deadly Shooting Near NCCU vs WSSU Football Game'. I guess I should have clarified that it happened in a nearby parking next to the stadium beside the NCCU Lathan Parking Deck (within clear view of the football stadium). The location of the 2 shooting fatalities is located on the700 block of E. Lawson Street, running thru the NCCU campus beside the stadium in Durham .(Google it!)

This is where a lot of fans park to go to the games. I've been there. So if you're looking for an agenda, do a little research, then go looking somewhere else.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...end/ar-AAODYlf

Comment

"Authorities clarified that the shooting happened in a surface parking lot next to the Latham Parking Deck in the 700 block of E. Lawson Street.

Police gave additional details about Saturday's chaotic scene, which prompted officers to lock down the football stadium and surrounding area. The stadium was filled with people for NCCU's home game against Winston-Salem State.

Officers responded to the sound of shots in the parking lot shortly after 9 p.m. on Saturday. When they arrived, they found two men who had been shot. The men, identified as Shamori Brown, 21, and Tavis Rhodes, 18, both of Durham were taken to a hospital where they died a short time later."

Comment

I posted to be a smartass and to that I apologize to Brandon.
                  but Eagle74; fess up, you got caught inflaming the situation.

Comment

I posted to be a smartass and to that I apologize to Brandon.
                    And to that, you succeeded
                    Inflaming the idea of all D2 fans to be vigilant while attending games these days, especially in areas where crime is rapidly growing is something that I will continue to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                      Inflaming the idea of all D2 fans to be vigilant while attending games these days, especially in areas where crime is rapidly growing is something that I will continue to do.
                      Vigilant how? This honestly seems about as useful as thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                        https://www.bestplaces.net/crime/cit...rolina/raleigh

https://www.bestplaces.net/crime/city/north_carolina/durham

crime is down (as it is in 99% of places) you just get to hear about it more
                        Last edited by twolfbenchwarmer; 09-23-2021, 12:10 PM.

Comment

NCCU Chancellor pleads for more help from (understaffed) Durham Police Department

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ral/ar-AAOE5uz

"With a crime rate of 47 per one thousand residents, Durham has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 21. Within North Carolina, more than 87% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Durham.

Importantly, when you compare Durham to other communities of similar population, then Durham crime rate (violent and property crimes combined) is quite a bit higher than average. Regardless of how Durham does relative to all communities in America of all sizes, when compared it to communities of similar population size, its crime rate per thousand residents stands out as higher than most.'"

Comment

If only the citizens of Durham had listened to you to be more vigilant then they would all be safe. You better go tell them again.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                              If only the citizens of Durham had listened to you to be more vigilant then they would all be safe. You better go tell them again.
                              So Turb, do you really feel better about yourself for posting such a ridicules immature statement?
                              Last edited by Eagle74; 09-24-2021, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X