Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Izzo, 623-240 with one national championships and eight Final Fours at Michigan State: $4.2 million salary

Mel Tucker, 5-7 as a head coach and 0-0 at Michigan State: $5.5 million salary

Comment

• I have to wonder if the Pac-12 is becoming a mid-major conference with all the coach poachings. Tucker, 1 year at Colorado and poached. Leach, signs a huge extension and then a month later poached. Could they be soon on the level of the MWC?

Comment

• We have some west coast area people on here. Is there anything to this or is it just clickbait. EWU faculty report on athletic cuts.

https://www.inlander.com/spokane/ewu...t?oid=19099082

Comment

• Two issues here. EKU player arrested for lifting cop over his head, among other things. And two Buckeye players are accused of rape.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...fting-cop-head

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I have to wonder if the Pac-12 is becoming a mid-major conference with all the coach poachings. Tucker, 1 year at Colorado and poached. Leach, signs a huge extension and then a month later poached. Could they be soon on the level of the MWC?
            I don't think they'll become a mid major, but it's very possible they get left behind in the next tv rights deal. It's more likely that we go to P4/G6 than stay P5/G5 with the best G5 moving up into that next tier and the PAC dropping down.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
              We have some west coast area people on here. Is there anything to this or is it just clickbait. EWU faculty report on athletic cuts.

https://www.inlander.com/spokane/ewu...t?oid=19099082
              I hope the cutting football is the nuclear option. If they moved down to division II, they'd be a power in the GNAC right away and of course be a natural rival for CWU. I see cuts in funding more what they'd go for, as they are a national power at the FCS level. Funny that they'd say a national championship didn't help the school at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

I don't think they'll become a mid major, but it's very possible they get left behind in the next tv rights deal. It's more likely that we go to P4/G6 than stay P5/G5 with the best G5 moving up into that next tier and the PAC dropping down.
                Add on, in NCAA reveal in basketball two West Coast teams (both in states on the Pacific Ocean) were on the #1 line. The first Pac-12 team? #4 line. Also predictions have WCC with 3 teams in tournament this year too, just 1 less than the Pac-12 as a mid-major conference. They football wise still do have Utah and Oregon as powers, but the lower teams in the conference could be dropping down in quality with the coaching changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I hope the cutting football is the nuclear option. If they moved down to division II, they'd be a power in the GNAC right away and of course be a natural rival for CWU. I see cuts in funding more what they'd go for, as they are a national power at the FCS level. Funny that they'd say a national championship didn't help the school at all.

The report notes that an increase on enrollment is often touted as a benefit of athletic success. Despite winning a national championship, EWU is losing enrollment.

Comment

• Originally posted by catatonic View Post

The report notes that an increase on enrollment is often touted as a benefit of athletic success. Despite winning a national championship, EWU is losing enrollment.
                    It doesn't surprise me. They may be near Spokane, but are still in a small town. I also think the success of Gonzaga hoops as well as online degrees hurt them a lot on enrollment, as despite having football they seem to play second fiddle for attention in the area. I'd think more marketing might help their enrollment though.

Comment

IMO they are losing enrollment because the campus is tired. It certainly needs an update as far as buildings, dorms, etc go. If West side students are looking for school they either go to CWU because of its location and updating in the last 20 years or they head to Gonzaga or WSU. These others schools offer more of an experience for the money than EWU. Dropping football or dropping all athletics will hurt their enrollment even further.

Comment

Unknown and unknowable is how much enrollment would have dropped without the national championship; demographically it's a tough time for higher ed.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Unknown and unknowable is how much enrollment would have dropped without the national championship; demographically it's a tough time for higher ed.
                          Indeed. Some colleges will consolidate or close and many of those that survive will do so by trimming costs.

Comment

• Northwestern State (FCS) head football coach suspended for DWI

https://www.kalb.com/content/news/NS...567951071.html

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
                              Northwestern State (FCS) head football coach suspended for DWI

https://www.kalb.com/content/news/NS...567951071.html
                              Their mascot is the Demons, so its it seems somehow fitting.

Comment

Their mascot is the Demons, so its it seems somehow fitting.
                                Does that mean during practice, he exercises his Demons, or exorcises them?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X