Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by laker View Post

I love to look at the evolution of logos over time. When I look at the ones from the 1960s you see the cartoonish nature of some of them.

Sometimes it takes me awhile to appreciate the change. Other times, it just continues to suck. Like the new LA Rams uniforms. Or the Atlanta ATL ones.
    https://www.packers.com/news/the-g-s...n-bay-15940711

Comment

• Again, a great idea that has passed the test of time for both teams. I remember when the 49ers were going to change their helmets to a total suck look. Same with the Packers- they were going to change to an old gold. Fortunately they didn't.

I once read about why Georgia wears "silver" pants (not gray). What is the story on that?

Comment

Again, a great idea that has passed the test of time for both teams. I remember when the 49ers were going to change their helmets to a total suck look. Same with the Packers- they were going to change to an old gold. Fortunately they didn't.

I once read about why Georgia wears "silver" pants (not gray). What is the story on that?

Comment

The Arizona Sun Devil and fork, the Mizzou Tiger used to be an M, and the Oregon State Beaver has changed. I like having a brand. Changing for the sake of improvement is good. Change for the sake of change and to sell new merchandise is bad. I think of BYU having that distinctive royal blue and changing it to navy- that was a bad look.
          I'm virtually certain (but am not going to take the time to look for a link) that Mizzou changed from the block M to the oval tiger because the block M was easily confused with Michigan. Especially considering Mizzou is black and Michigan is dark blue (it almost got me a time or two when looking to buy a hat). Many Mizzou fans still want the block M back and it is consistently a favorite "throwback" of the fanbase.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

I'm virtually certain (but am not going to take the time to look for a link) that Mizzou changed from the block M to the oval tiger because the block M was easily confused with Michigan. Especially considering Mizzou is black and Michigan is dark blue (it almost got me a time or two when looking to buy a hat). Many Mizzou fans still want the block M back and it is consistently a favorite "throwback" of the fanbase.
            I know that a number of high schools in Minnesota had to give up their "M" because it was modeled on the Gophers. Way too many M schools in the country- easy to get confused. Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana...........

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

The block M shows up well on football helmets.

Comment

• Robert Morris will join the Horizon for sports except for football, where it was reported that they will join the Big South.

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2020...mLBfsPS8kQRQ0w

Comment

• Odds for winning the D1 championship in 2020. No odds on whether there will be a 2020 season.

Clemson, OhSt 1/3
                  Bama 6/5
                  UGA 2/1
                  UF 3/1
                  OU 7/2
                  A&M, NDame, Oregon, PennSt, Texas 7/1
                  Auburn, LSU 10/1
                  Mich, Wis 12/1
                  USC 15/1
                  Miami, Minn, Neb, OkSt, UCF 25/1
                  Baylor, ISU, UNC, Utah, Wash 50/1
                  ASU, FSU, Iowa, Tenn, TCU 75/1

Comment

• Originally posted by catatonic View Post
                    Odds for winning the D1 championship in 2020. No odds on whether there will be a 2020 season.

Clemson, OhSt 1/3
                    Bama 6/5
                    UGA 2/1
                    UF 3/1
                    OU 7/2
                    Auburn, LSU 10/1
                    Mich, Wis 12/1
                    USC 15/1
                    Any odds on which conferences are most likely to call it quits after starting ? Would it be possible for quality teams to continue even if their conference shuts down ?

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Any odds on which conferences are most likely to call it quits after starting ? Would it be possible for quality teams to continue even if their conference shuts down ?
                      Im not sure how teams in the championship hunt could continue if other schools in their conference shut down since schools play conference opponents for most of their schedule.

Comment

• The NCAA won't let it get that far, and I think that most of you KNOW that...Look how quickly they pulled the plug in March...End of season means end of season...And all this talk of offering athletes another year of eligibility doesn't come for free. How many schollies do they have just sitting around not being used? Not many...Who PAYS for that extra year of eligibility???

Comment

Odds for winning the D1 championship in 2020. No odds on whether there will be a 2020 season.

Clemson, OhSt 1/3
                          Bama 6/5
                          UGA 2/1
                          UF 3/1
                          OU 7/2
                          Auburn, LSU 10/1
                          Mich, Wis 12/1
                          USC 15/1
                          Now that's what I call silly season...I guess they WON'T give odds on the season making it to a championship game, which is pretty lame...

Comment

Im not sure how teams in the championship hunt could continue if other schools in their conference shut down since schools play conference opponents for most of their schedule.
                            What I'm suggesting is say OHIO STATE. is 6-0 and ranked #4 when the B10 says shut it down but the NCAA says we are continuing. Do the BUCKEYES get into the FBS PO even though they don't have the games to qualify and had their season cut short through no fault of their own ?

Comment

• Oregon & Oregon State have agreed to not call their rivalry game The Civil War. Now we can all be friends again.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...inkId=91993820

Comment

• Mark Hudspeth, head coach at Austin Peay, resigns.

https://footballscoop.com/news/mark-...n-peay-fcs-tn/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X