Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 4 Way Too Early Regional Rankings

As the title states, it's probably too early to do this. But I'm not going to let that stop me.

The biggest problem is how to deal with varying numbers of games played; some have played four D2 games, while some have played as few as two. I let the smaller sample size count as a negative in some cases.

SR1
    1. Bentley (4-0)
    2. Notre Dame (4-0)
    3. Slippery Rock (4-0)
    4. Shepherd (3-1)
    5. Kutztown (3-1)
    6. California (4-0)
    7. Shippensburg (4-0)
    8. Indiana (2-1)
    9. Stonehill (3-1)
    10. West Chester (3-1)
    SR2
    1. Valdosta State (3-0)
    2. Wingate (3-0)
    3. West Florida (2-0)
    4. Bowie State (3-0)
    5. North Greenville (3-0)
    6. Chowan (4-0)
    7. Newberry (3-1)
    8. Lane (3-0)
    9. West Georgia (4-0)
    10. Catawba (3-0)
    SR3SR4

Here's how the bracket could look with these seedings... https://i.imgur.com/K6t9xor.png

Note that this is not a prediction of any kind... it's mainly just an excuse to dust off my bracketing skills (such as they are).

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
      As the title states, it's probably too early to do this. But I'm not going to let that stop me.

The biggest problem is how to deal with varying numbers of games played; some have played four D2 games, while some have played as few as two. I let the smaller sample size count as a negative in some cases.

SR1
      1. Bentley (4-0)
      2. Notre Dame (4-0)
      3. Slippery Rock (4-0)
      4. Shepherd (3-1)
      5. Kutztown (3-1)
      6. California (4-0)
      7. Shippensburg (4-0)
      8. Indiana (2-1)
      9. Stonehill (3-1)
      10. West Chester (3-1)
      SR2
      1. Valdosta State (3-0)
      2. Wingate (3-0)
      3. West Florida (2-0)
      4. Bowie State (3-0)
      5. North Greenville (3-0)
      6. Chowan (4-0)
      7. Newberry (3-1)
      8. Lane (3-0)
      9. West Georgia (4-0)
      10. Catawba (3-0)
      SR3SR4
      If these lists are more than 10 potential PO teams, then several small corrections for SR1 are in order. Bentley of the NE10 is not in any way the top team, more in the 5-7 slot. Ohio Dominican (3-1 with a win over Indy) would also be in the the 5-7 range and Stonehill is out.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

If these lists are more than 10 potential PO teams, then several small corrections for SR1 are in order. Bentley of the NE10 is not in any way the top team, more in the 5-7 slot. Ohio Dominican (3-1 with a win over Indy) would also be in the the 5-7 range and Stonehill is out.

Comment

I've got Bentley 7th right now but I haven't finished this weeks rankings. Ohio Dominican is sitting 11th for me at the moment.

Comment

Except that aside from WCU their wins are in NE10 which is the generally viewed as the weakest in SR1. If it was UNH or ASSUMPTION who both have long-standing records of success, maybe. Bentley has no history of success and needs to prove itself before it's ranked near NDC, SRU, SHEP or IUP. Right now more in the CAL, SHIP or KUTZ middle of the pack range.

Comment

Here's how the bracket could look with these seedings... https://i.imgur.com/K6t9xor.png

Note that this is not a prediction of any kind... it's mainly just an excuse to dust off my bracketing skills (such as they are).
              You have Henderson St in the wrong region in your bracket... But looks good otherwise :)

Comment

Originally posted by d2-football-fan View Post

You have Henderson St in the wrong region in your bracket... But looks good otherwise :)
                Henderson State and Minnesota State were swapped to reduce flights.

Comment

Except that aside from WCU their wins are in NE10 which is the generally viewed as the weakest in SR1. If it was UNH or ASSUMPTION who both have long-standing records of success, maybe. Bentley has no history of success and needs to prove itself before it's ranked near NDC, SRU, SHEP or IUP. Right now more in the CAL, SHIP or KUTZ middle of the pack range.
                  Bentley has beaten three teams who are undefeated otherwise. I'm pretty confident that they would be #1 if there were regional rankings this week.

Comment

Bentley has beaten three teams who are undefeated otherwise. I'm pretty confident that they would be #1 if there were regional rankings this week.
                    Time will tell.

Comment

Time will tell.
                      A lot will change by the time they actually do a regional ranking.

Comment

NWMSU @ 4th

Comment

You realize that these are simply guesstimated rankings that, I'm assuming, use something close to the playoff criteria for D2 right? It doesn't matter that their wins were in NE10 and their history isn't a factor. This isn't a top 10 poll for each region. Of course time will tell, it's only week 4.

Comment

A lot will change by the time they actually do a regional ranking.
                            Not really, the Falcons will claw ST ANSELM, PACE and SCSU and stand at 7-0 when the first RR are posted on 10/25. That will earn them, at best, the #4 spot behind SRU, NDC and SHEP. Possibly ODU or CHAS could sneak ahead. We'll see but, IMO, #4 is the best they can hope for. But my rep on predictions is spotty at best.

Comment

Never too early to put us at the top.
                              Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X