Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
    I suspect each committee can handle this differently, but with teams playing a different number of games this season, is that a significant factor? Selfishly, I'm curious since you don't seem to penalize GV much for playing one (maybe even 2??) less games. Could it be their SOS is high enough to offset that vs others? And with respect to SOS, are you using values only against teams already played or do you include all the teams that are on the schedule? Clearly one doesn't know what the future holds, but those games already played by those future teams are known and will impact the SOS.s .. sounds confusing, but I think you get it. I ask, since some teams have weak teams coming up and others strong ones.
    Thanks for doing these. We know they're not official, but it's fun eyeballing it anyway!
    I think it becomes less of a factor as the season goes on. There's more of a difference between 5 and 7 games than there is between 9 and 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
      Matchups with these rankings: https://i.imgur.com/hr5nLg1.png
      What's the reasoning behind switching Augustana and Henderson? I think that works really well, just want more information?

Comment

Originally posted by LeftSider View Post
        What's the reasoning behind switching Augustana and Henderson? I think that works really well, just want more information?
        It reduces flights. Three flights are necessary in this bracket, and it would be four if Henderson State had to fly.

Comment

Comment

I'm all debated out for the day lol. Ive been debating Diggs's ranking in the NFL cornerback hierarchy all day. I'm just gonna say this, BSU needs to win out and let the GSC cannibalize itself. No point in saying who could beat who, when we(BSU) doesn't have any of those teams on their remaining schedule. They did there jobs by beating the OOC teams on their schedule this year. Their only loss was by 3 to a FCS team. The 2020 season may have distorted everyone's perceptions of various teams, which is why so many teams ranked higher have loss this year. I simply hope they get the chance to dispell all of those perceptions, in the post season. The Bulldogs are now a seasoned group who have made the playoffs the last few seasons. I think that experience along with a stellar defense, will help push them further into post season, than they have made it in the past. Only time will tell.

Comment

The criteria often does not reflect reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

I don't think that would save any potential flights.
                If Duluth and Kearney switch, it is equal in the first round but saves two potential flights in the second round. It could save the Kearney to Big Rapids flight since Duluth is 605 miles from Big Rapids or 553 if you take the ferry across lake Michigan so it depends on how the NCAA looks at that but either way is close. It would also save the potential flight from Duluth to Wichita Falls. Either way it's a flight for CWU or Duluth to Arkadelphia.

I'm really just hoping to reunite Kearney with it's former RMAC foes.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post

If Duluth and Kearney switch, it is equal in the first round but saves two potential flights in the second round. It could save the Kearney to Big Rapids flight since Duluth is 605 miles from Big Rapids or 553 if you take the ferry across lake Michigan so it depends on how the NCAA looks at that but either way is close. It would also save the potential flight from Duluth to Wichita Falls. Either way it's a flight for CWU or Duluth to Arkadelphia.

I'm really just hoping to reunite Kearney with it's former RMAC foes.
                    The official NCAA mileage calculator has Duluth to Grand Valley at 645 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                      I think you have Bowie ranking to high. They barely beat a Vir. State team that LRU beat 48-07 at Va. State.
                      LRU beat one team with a winning record and lost to UVA Wise a team who only other wins come from opponents combined 0-13.

Comment

Ink, thanks for the effort on this. My question is: what places 5-1 Lindenwood ahead of a 6-1 UNK which, at least to me, plays in a tougher league.

Comment

Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post
                          Ink, thanks for the effort on this. My question is: what places 5-1 Lindenwood ahead of a 6-1 UNK which, at least to me, plays in a tougher league.
                          Without a doubt a tougher league old friend ;)

It's all about the math. Things I believe are considered....

D2 record
                          Conference record
                          Regional record
                          Opponents record
                          Opponents Opponents record

The Opponents record for teams in the MIAA, NSIC, and GAC will always be .500 since they are silo schedules.

Lindenwood's games against Findlay and Angelo State (even though it was a loss) help them right now. Lions have also played Truman and Uindy, the only other teams in GLVC with winning records so that helps their equation. I suppose that even if the Lions win out, their equation might dip a bit because no one else on their schedule has a winning record.

But Ink, please correct me if I'm wrong :)
                          Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post
                            Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

Without a doubt a tougher league old friend ;)

It's all about the math. Things I believe are considered....

D2 record
                            Conference record
                            Regional record
                            Opponents record
                            Opponents Opponents record

The Opponents record for teams in the MIAA, NSIC, and GAC will always be .500 since they are silo schedules.

Lindenwood's games against Findlay and Angelo State (even though it was a loss) help them right now. Lions have also played Truman and Uindy, the only other teams in GLVC with winning records so that helps their equation. I suppose that even if the Lions win out, their equation might dip a bit because no one else on their schedule has a winning record.

But Ink, please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Comment

Thanks for clarification. Forgot about Lincoln's cancelation.
                              As an LU fan, hope ASU, KWU, and Findlay keep winning to balance the remaining opponents combined record of 12-23.
                              Cool Story Bro

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X