Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wildcat94 View Post

I understand what you are saying about government, but to be clear, this is a mandate to state employees by their employer. It is not the state mandating it to all state citizens. Employers from what I have seen and heard lately have that right as the employer to make that business decision for their companies best interest. The NFL did this in their best interest as the employer and some coaches choose not to accept it and were either fired or let go.
    And they can get exceptions which over half were approved. From what I understand from reading on Rolovich, not even all WSU employee exemptions had been looked at yet per the school and all were blind on who was applying.

I'm surprised Rolovich hadn't gotten a vaccine for air travel alone by now and fans attending all Kraken games for example need to be vaccinated with a mask.

Comment

They already decide that and have done so since 1913.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Substitute personal for religious and the concept would be applied more applicably.
        That would be a better way of putting it, I suppose - I know it's just semantics but sometimes they matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

There were a few cases filed in the state before his by other state workers effected by this mandate. I'm almost sure there will be appeals that will reach the federal courts on at least one or two of those. I'm following this as it also effects state services in the area and the local paper had an article on how it effects schools and hospitals in the area. I actually have a cousin right now in the local hospital with heart problems, so that is reason enough to watch it.

There are already articles on how the school mask mandate in the state effected rural communities more than urban ones in the state and it wouldn't surprise me if this one does too.
          Just wait until they start rolling out the shot to the 5 to 12 crowd and some superintendents start mandating that the kids get it by X date or else. Personally, if I was one of those superintendents and had some foaming at the mouth antivaccer ranting about it, I would just simply give them the paperwork that they would need from them to enroll somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

Just wait until they start rolling out the shot to the 5 to 12 crowd and some superintendents start mandating that the kids get it by X date or else. Personally, if I was one of those superintendents and had some foaming at the mouth antivaccer ranting about it, I would just simply give them the paperwork that they would need from them to enroll somewhere else.
            Is it your position that parents/taxpayers should not have a say in what goes on with their kids and school district?

Comment

Is it your position that parents/taxpayers should not have a say in what goes on with their kids and school district?
              We have to give them other vaccines like measles don't we?

Comment

Comment

These are PSUs requirements for newly enrolled students.

Measles, Mumps & Rubella (MMR): ALL newly enrolled freshman, transfer, graduate & international students born on or after January 1, 1957 must show proof of TWO MMR vaccinations at least 28 days apart. These are typically received between one and five years of age. History of the disease is not sufficient for compliance unless it is accompanied by documentation of a positive blood titer.
                  Meningitis: ALL newly enrolled PSU students living in university-owned group housing are required to be vaccinated for meningitis within the past five (5) years. If the vaccination was received greater than 5 years ago, a booster dose will be necessary.

I don't understand what the big deal is.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                    These are PSUs requirements for newly enrolled students.

Measles, Mumps & Rubella (MMR): ALL newly enrolled freshman, transfer, graduate & international students born on or after January 1, 1957 must show proof of TWO MMR vaccinations at least 28 days apart. These are typically received between one and five years of age. History of the disease is not sufficient for compliance unless it is accompanied by documentation of a positive blood titer.
                    Meningitis: ALL newly enrolled PSU students living in university-owned group housing are required to be vaccinated for meningitis within the past five (5) years. If the vaccination was received greater than 5 years ago, a booster dose will be necessary.

I don't understand what the big deal is.
                    The problem is the internet, too much information is killing us. We all believe we know it all, or have access to who does, Dr. Google.

Comment

Students don't exist to create jobs for teachers and administrators in school districts. School districts serve the needs of students and parents. A rejection of that type of authoritarian mindset is one factor against a lot of people choosing to take the vaccine.

Another reason that people are objecting to the vaccine is because of the different characteristics of the vaccine in compared to the ones you listed. They have been tested over time. The current vaccine is being offered under an emergency declaration.

The religious objections, which we've already discussed, is another.

Comment

Students don't exist to create jobs for teachers and administrators in school districts. School districts serve the needs of students and parents. A rejection of that type of authoritarian mindset is one factor against a lot of people choosing to take the vaccine.

Another reason that people are objecting to the vaccine is because of the different characteristics of the vaccine in compared to the ones you listed. They have been tested over time. The current vaccine is being offered under an emergency declaration.

The religious objections, which we've already discussed, is another.
                        https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02483-w

The mRNA technology has been tested for a long time as well. You could argue several time frames, but since at least 1985.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

The mRNA technology has been tested for a long time as well. You could argue several time frames, but since at least 1985.
                          Covid itself is not new either, SARS is a covid variant. Plenty of research has been done prior to Covid-19, the first identified human coronavirus was in 1965.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

I hope you are correct since you know stuff only shared in the OT.

Comment

I hope you are correct since you know stuff only shared in the OT.
                              I'm vaccinated. I believe the Choice is up to each individual if they want vaccinated or not. It's not the Governments Choice. I hope it's a educated decision and they realize the risk if they're not vaccinated. What bothers me about the Catholic argument is that some individuals say the Pope urges individuals to be vaccinated and that's the end all. The Pope's Opinion means absolutely zero. Religious belief is about Conviction of that individual. Joe Biden is Catholic and believes in abortion and the use of aborted fetal tissue being used for research. So should the Pope believe in abortion and aborted fetal tissue being used for research? Nick Rolovich is going to get a out of court settlement. There's no way WSU wants this going to court.

Comment

I have really enjoyed reading this thread. There are some very, very smart people on the D2 MB. Not just in terms of the knowledge they present to the various threads, but the way they respond to comments and questions. The whole debate has been ESPN worthy IMO. One of the most entertaining threads of the year and has me completely captivated.
                                Go Hounds!
                                B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                                Cyclone Power
                                ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X