Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Students don't exist to create jobs for teachers and administrators in school districts. School districts serve the needs of students and parents. A rejection of that type of authoritarian mindset is one factor against a lot of people choosing to take the vaccine.

Another reason that people are objecting to the vaccine is because of the different characteristics of the vaccine in compared to the ones you listed. They have been tested over time. The current vaccine is being offered under an emergency declaration.

The religious objections, which we've already discussed, is another.
    The Pfizer vaccine is fully FDA approved.

Comment

Students don't exist to create jobs for teachers and administrators in school districts. School districts serve the needs of students and parents. A rejection of that type of authoritarian mindset is one factor against a lot of people choosing to take the vaccine.
      Certainly, but parents are awful at determining what their needs are, and are much more apt to be upset about a difficult teacher or coach, than what actually benefits their children or their district they are part of.

I have yet to witness a school board without an agenda, and the agenda is usually to get someone fired.

Parents operate on whims and emotion, not the needs of the district.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

The Pfizer vaccine is fully FDA approved.
        EUA

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Certainly, but parents are awful at determining what their needs are, and are much more apt to be upset about a difficult teacher or coach, than what actually benefits their children or their district they are part of.

I have yet to witness a school board without an agenda, and the agenda is usually to get someone fired.

Parents operate on whims and emotion, not the needs of the district.
          Again, the needs of the district are secondary.

I might be misinterpreting this, but it appears to me that you are stating the the district knows what a child needs more than his or her parent.

Comment

I disagree, the needs are concurrent. The district must balance the needs for the community at large, long term and short term, while the family, in general, must balance their own needs within their means.

And in general, I defer to the group that has much more training, education, and experience about the needs of a child more than the people that simply had to successfully fertilize an egg to have a child.

I have witnessed too many children that were the side-effect of sex. Children perceived as a burden instead of a blessing. Parents preoccupied with living vicariously through their offspring. Parents seeking vengeance versus understanding to think that parents KNOW what is best for their child. Parents that have an inability to believe their child could be wrong. Parents too busy to advocate for their child's needs to even respond to an email or phone call.

They may think they have their children's best interest at heart, but a lot of times, they don't have a clue, or are outright abusive.

Is this universal, of course not, however, parents by and large have lost the benefit of the doubt in my perception.

Comment

EUA
              Pfizer is fully FDA approved for 16 and up. EUA for 12-16.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...M:gen:PTN:FY22

Comment

Last edited by NWFanatic; 10-26-2021, 08:55 AM. Reason: Correction on WH staff

Comment

I think it should be a decision between you and your doctor, plus it keeps your medical information private.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                    exceptions for Congress and White House staff et
                    They aren't. Executive Orders do not apply to the legislative branch employees, and white house staff are subject to the mandate. Nancy Pelosi, says it isn't in her powers to mandate congress to get a vaccine, because she is not privileged to their medical history and she can't make it so.

When illegal aliens get jobs in businesses that mandate the vaccine (but they generally don't get jobs like that, when they are hired illegally), then they would be subject to it. Kids would be subjected to it when enrolled in school.

It does, but there are breakthrough cases with these, as there are with all vaccines...

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Pfizer is fully FDA approved for 16 and up. EUA for 12-16.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...M:gen:PTN:FY22
                      My bad. When did that change?

Of course, we are still talking about a majority of the students.

Comment

My bad. When did that change?

Of course, we are still talking about a majority of the students.
                        The news release is dated August 23rd, so right around then.

Comment

There has been no vaccine developed that has 100% efficacy. So your statement applies to every vaccine developed. Ever.

Vaccines work more effectively as the number of people in a population get vaccinated. It is simple math.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

The news release is dated August 23rd, so right around then.
                            Thanks. I appreciate it. I was buried too deep in football to have seen the change.

By the way, I sent you an email. I work with your brother from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

There has been no vaccine developed that has 100% efficacy. So your statement applies to every vaccine developed. Ever.

Vaccines work more effectively as the number of people in a population get vaccinated. It is simple math.
                              Efficacy rates of other vaccines

Polio efficacy 99%
                              Measles. 96%
                              Mumps. 90%

Pfizer/BioNTech Covid vaccine is 84% as of Today. Bottom line 84% is pretty effective. Even after being initially at 96% when released.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

I would speculate as well, that the likelier a Virus is to transmit, which we know with COVID-19 is much more likely to transmit, the less effective vaccine efficacy is. In general.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X