Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

Seriously? As far as the 2021 playoffs are concerned, history began August 28th, 2021.
    "History began on July 4th 1776. Everything before that was a mistake"
    -Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
      Thanks for putting this together!
      Agreed. I do my own rankings, but thoroughly enjoy reading Inks work

Comment

Comment

I in no way believe that the NCAA will omit an undefeated, or even 1 loss CIAA Champion from the 2021 NCAA Division 2 Playoffs. Just not going to happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
            Your SR2 list should include LRU and they should be in front of Mars Hill. Obviously Bowie is not a two seed. If LR wins out they should make the playoffs and be a four or five seed.
            You keep coming for my Bulldogs and your team isn't even included on the list. What part of 7-0, undefeated in DII don't you understand. We are New Haven's only loss and we beat a solid Saginaw, so you can't criticize our OOC schedule. In what national poll does record not matter, lol? I can't speak on the rest of the SRII but I can speak on the CIAA. Bowie will win out and win the CIAA Championship which will put them at 10-0 (DII) and certainly earn them a home game the first round of playoffs. I hope we end up facing L-R 1st round(If you make playoffs), so they can help change your perception of the CIAA.

Comment

I agree Bowie is deserving a po spot. The last po they played CN and lost at home. We beat CN by double digits twice that year. If we have to travel for a po game that would definitely be better than going to West Fla. or Valdosta etc.

Comment

There is still a lot of football to be played before the playoff selections are made and their are so many scenarios that could play out, especially in a season where top ten teams lose almost every week. Will be interesting to see today's regional rankings but as the guys said on the Sunday night show, this is only the first one and it will change dramatically over the next few weeks. I just looked at the final 2019 SR2 regional rankings and Miles wasn't even in the top ten and yet made the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                  I agree Bowie is deserving a po spot. The last po they played CN and lost at home. We beat CN by double digits twice that year. If we have to travel for a po game that would definitely be better than going to West Fla. or Valdosta etc.
                  Transitive property does not work for college football. Yes LR beat us by double digits that year, but we also beat UWF and LR lost to them. It doesn't translate.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
                    There is still a lot of football to be played before the playoff selections are made and their are so many scenarios that could play out, especially in a season where top ten teams lose almost every week. Will be interesting to see today's regional rankings but as the guys said on the Sunday night show, this is only the first one and it will change dramatically over the next few weeks. I just looked at the final 2019 SR2 regional rankings and Miles wasn't even in the top ten and yet made the playoffs.
                    EXACTLY! I'd be interested to look at the first regional rankings and then compare it to the last one/playoff seedings.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

EXACTLY! I'd be interested to look at the first regional rankings and then compare it to the last one/playoff seedings.
                      One year I copied and saved each weekly ranking, I'll see if I can dig it up. The final 2019 regional rankings are still on the NCAA website.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footba...ional-rankings

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
                        It's quite possible that Miles only moved up to 9th in the unreleased final rankings. That's all they needed for Earned Access.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

It's quite possible that Miles only moved up to 9th in the unreleased final rankings. That's all they needed for Earned Access.
                          Miles had a 9-2 record and won the SIAC championship. That year the GSC only had 2 teams with less than 4 losses and the SAC got 3 teams in.

Comment

The D2football.com website actually has all 3 regional rankings from 2019.

https://www.d2football.com/regional-rankings/

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                              Pairings with these matchups: https://i.imgur.com/IiOnoHE.png
                              I love seeing these. Could you explain the reasoning behind why Harding would play 5 seed NWMS instead of 6 seed Kearney? Is it just because of distance to travel?

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post

I love seeing these. Could you explain the reasoning behind why Harding would play 5 seed NWMS instead of 6 seed Kearney? Is it just because of distance to travel?
                                Kearney to Harding is 701 miles. NWMSU to Harding is only 473. A flight is required for anything over 600.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X