Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for Changes in Your Program

It's that time of year. What schools will be making coaching changes?

Pueblo should, but won't.

Comment

Originally posted by ONCEATIGER25 View Post
      It's that time of year. What schools will be making coaching changes?
      Probably 5-8 programs in the PSAC (CLARION, EDINBORO, LOCK HAVEN, MILLERSVILLE, BLOOMSBURG, MERCYHURST etc) SHOULD be making changes but the attitude of their administration seems to be why change when my job doesn't depend on athletic success. Maybe 2-3 will do something.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
        Pueblo should, but won't.
        Wristen is the right guy for that job, you would have a difficult time finding anyone close to him for the head job who wants to go to CSUP. The coordinators, recruiters, and strength coach are a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post
          Wristen is the right guy for that job, you would have a difficult time finding anyone close to him for the head job who wants to go to CSUP. The coordinators, recruiters, and strength coach are a different story.
          Who hires those people?

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Who hires those people?
            I was just thinking of posting something about this in the NSIC forum. A lot of variables in this question as boosters arent as influential in hirng/firing compared to D I. In saying that what do you think an appropriate timeline is for a rebuild in D II, 3-4 years? I can see Minot State kicking the tires after 6 years, If Mary doesnt finish 4-6, 5-6 there might be a serious look at their staff. The defensive side of the ball has been atrocious. Thats all I got from NSIC.

Comment

Southwestern Oklahoma definitely needs a change. 4th year of the coaching staff, (counting the Covid year) and the results have been 3-8, 3-8, and now currently 0-8, with a 95% chance of going 0-11. I think 4 years is a decent timeline to give a coaching staff. If they had won 4-5 games this year, I would say give them another year or two. If there is no measurable progress in a program in 4 years, it's time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post
                Certainly respect that insight coming from a former player. I just think they've been through enough coordinators since 2014 that something else needs to change at this point. He's a former QB but they have had some of the worst QB play since Bonner graduated. The new DC obviously has huge shoes to fill but has not impressed at all to this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Who hires those people?
                  In Wristen's defense, it was going to be nearly impossible to replace Coach Hedrick or Coach Leo with anyone as qualified or passionate. But still, the program currently looks like a shadow of what it was. Losing to Highlands is simply inexcusable.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post
                    Southwestern Oklahoma definitely needs a change. 4th year of the coaching staff, (counting the Covid year) and the results have been 3-8, 3-8, and now currently 0-8, with a 95% chance of going 0-11. I think 4 years is a decent timeline to give a coaching staff. If they had won 4-5 games this year, I would say give them another year or two. If there is no measurable progress in a program in 4 years, it's time to move on.
                    100% agree, 4 years with no progress in sight is asking for trouble if an AD doesnt pull the trigger. Fan bases get frustrated and players see the established culture hasnt produced results. 4 years is a good measure.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

In Wristen's defense, it was going to be nearly impossible to replace Coach Hedrick or Coach Leo with anyone as qualified or passionate. But still, the program currently looks like a shadow of what it was. Losing to Highlands is simply inexcusable.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Probably 5-8 programs in the PSAC (CLARION, EDINBORO, LOCK HAVEN, MILLERSVILLE, BLOOMSBURG, MERCYHURST etc) SHOULD be making changes but the attitude of their administration seems to be why change when my job doesn't depend on athletic success. Maybe 2-3 will do something.
                        Lock Haven coach has only been there one season. he'll get at least 2 more to see what can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post

Lock Haven coach has only been there one season. he'll get at least 2 more to see what can be done.
                          Yeah, force of habit...sorry.

Comment

At WSSU we have an active job posting for a new Head Coach so I don't think our interim coach will be getting the job. In 2019 he led us to our first losing season in a decade, and he's on track to have us finish even worse this year.

Johnson C. Smith's coach is in his final season under contract and as bad as they have been I can't imagine him being retained.

Central State just got a new coach, but he resigned 6 games into this season. So they will be needing to look for a replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X