Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Portal

Has anyone been keeping up with all of the transfers that are D2? This is by far the craziest year I have ever seen. 5-to 6 transfers for certain schools aren't a good look, regardless of the program.

Originally posted by MarsHillU2022 View Post
    Has anyone been keeping up with all of the transfers that are D2? This is by far the craziest year I have ever seen. 5-to 6 transfers for certain schools aren't a good look, regardless of the program.
    Actually from a roster of 60+ players on a FB team the numbers don't seem out of the ordinary. On a roster of 15-17 on a BB team those 5-6 in the TP are potentially devastating and those numbers are being followed very closely on the BB side.

Comment

Different world today. Most football programs would probably be happy with only 5-6 leaving each year.

Remember, departures aren't always a bad thing -- and, they aren't always the players' choice. Scholarships are a one-year deal. Coaches swing and miss on a lot of recruits. Many look good in high school but get clobbered when they make the transition. Some are bad apples. So, some off-season house-cleaning is often needed.

And, of course, this is now a transfer portal world. Coaches are too tough ... Uncle Jim says little Johnny is SEC-caliber, etc., ... and players enter the portal. The reality is the grass isn't always greener. Some programs are just run by bad coaches and they have toxic environments.

Comment

One that has suprised me is the level of jump that All American DE Jonathan Ross (Bowie State) is planning on making. He has allegedly recieved offers from Hawaii and South Florida and will be making his decision soon.

https://hbcugameday.com/2022/03/30/b...om-dii-to-fbs/

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
          One that has suprised me is the level of jump that All American DE Jonathan Ross (Bowie State) is planning on making. He has allegedly recieved offers from Hawaii and South Florida and will be making his decision soon.

https://hbcugameday.com/2022/03/30/b...om-dii-to-fbs/
          That one seems risky given the quality of OL he faced in the CIAA versus what is pretty much the norm in the AAC or MWC. However, of the two he should definitely go for the 2 mile walk to Waikiki Beach.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

That one seems risky given the quality of OL he faced in the CIAA versus what is pretty much the norm in the AAC or MWC. However, of the two he should definitely go for the 2 mile walk to Waikiki Beach.
            I think he will adjust just fine with whatever program he decides to choose.

Comment

I think he will adjust just fine with whatever program he decides to choose.
              Could be but with USF sub .500 over the past five seasons and UH one game over .500, my guess is he won't be adding any more AA honors to his resume. Biggest benefit to a D1 program is easier access to the combine and that is certainly worth the switch.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X