Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USFL

Checked out the Birmingham vs New Jersey USFL Football game last evening, and while I wasn't expecting to be impressed at all, man was I wrong!! What a breath a fresh air to see 'pro' football players playing so hard and with so much determination. Reminded me a bit like college football and what the NFL used to look like before over inflated egos and prima donna type attitudes with agendas eroded a lot of the enjoyment of watching an NFL game. It appeared as though the USFL game's focus was on the team and coach's efforts and determination to win, not individuals giving half arce efforts while complaining like spoiled children every time a flag was thrown.

I really hope the USFL succeeds in a big way, and on a side note, it was great to see some D2 players getting a chance to show their skills on a professional level.

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
    Checked out the Birmingham vs New Jersey USFL Football game last evening, and while I wasn't expecting to be impressed at all, man was I wrong!! What a breath a fresh air to see 'pro' football players playing so hard and with so much determination. Reminded me a bit like college football and what the NFL used to look like before over inflated egos and prima donna type attitudes with agendas eroded a lot of the enjoyment of watching an NFL game. It appeared as though the USFL game's focus was on the team and coach's efforts and determination to win, not individuals giving half arce efforts while complaining like spoiled children every time a flag was thrown.

I really hope the USFL succeeds in a big way, and on a side note, it was great to see some D2 players getting a chance to show their skills on a professional level.
    I hope it succeeds too because more jobs is always a good thing (and there's seven players from my alma mater - San Jose State University - playing in the USFL). But I doubt it will. I think the XFL (returning in 2023) has a better chance of survival because they have a partnership agreement with the NFL. And the NFL is a huge busine$$. https://www.foxnews.com/sports/xfl-p...l-rule-changes

College will always be my favorite.
    Last edited by crixus; 04-19-2022, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

I hope it succeeds too because more jobs is always a good thing (and there's seven players from my alma mater - San Jose State University - playing in the USFL). But I doubt it will. I think the XFL (returning in 2023) has a better chance of survival because they have a partnership agreement with the NFL. And the NFL is a huge busine$$. https://www.foxnews.com/sports/xfl-p...l-rule-changes

College will always be my favorite.
      XFL 2.0 would have been a success (in spring football terms) had COVID not happened. I think if they keep the same formula for 3.0, it will be successful (in spring football terms) especially with the partnership with the NFL.

Not sure about the USFL, would have to check it out first. But I'm glad guys are getting more opportunities. Football is about the only sport where it's impossible to play professionally outside of the major league, in the US at least.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

XFL 2.0 would have been a success (in spring football terms) had COVID not happened. I think if they keep the same formula for 3.0, it will be successful (in spring football terms) especially with the partnership with the NFL.

Not sure about the USFL, would have to check it out first. But I'm glad guys are getting more opportunities. Football is about the only sport where it's impossible to play professionally outside of the major league, in the US at least.
        I was following XFL 2.0 in 2020. I watched a few games on TV and liked it, so I planned to see a game in Los Angeles. But Covid 19 put the kibosh on that idea. I'll try again next year.
        Last edited by crixus; 04-19-2022, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

I was following XFL 2.0 in 2020. I watched a few games on TV and liked it, so I planned to see a game in Los Angeles. But Covid 19 put the kibosh on that idea. I'll try again next year.
          Yeah, same. I usually caught a game a week or so. I liked the presentation. The talent wasn't too bad - PJ Walker definitely had people talking back then.

I don't consider 2.0 a failure, but it also wasn't a true success in reality. It will be interesting to see what 2.1 has to offer.

Comment

Agree with the NFL prima donnas. Done with them. Love the college game.
            Love to see these d2 young men getting their shot.

Comment

It's week three and I'm already bored with the USFL. The attendance is very low for the games that don't have the Birmingham Stallions playing in them. Having all the regular season games in one location (Birmingham) was a bad idea. And the TV ratings are bad too. https://brobible.com/sports/article/...atings-week-2/
              ??
              Last edited by crixus; 04-30-2022, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X