Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good bye

I've been on the MB since 2007 (although it says 2009, I was banned twice...and still returned) when the coach who recruited my son mentioned people were talkin' about him. What's the D-II MB? Found out, but how the times have changed.

What used to be a fun and interestin' exchange of ideas and opinions has turned into the exact opposite - an exchange of threats, name callin' and sanctimonious BS. Gays vs. heteros, libs vs. conservatives...and worse. I'm embarrassed to be a part of this any longer.

Good luck to you and your kids. I hope they are successful and live their dreams.

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
    I've been on the MB since 2007 (although it says 2009, I was banned twice...and still returned) when the coach who recruited my son mentioned people were talkin' about him. What's the D-II MB? Found out, but how the times have changed.

What used to be a fun and interestin' exchange of ideas and opinions has turned into the exact opposite - an exchange of threats, name callin' and sanctimonious BS. Gays vs. heteros, libs vs. conservatives...and worse. I'm embarrassed to be a part of this any longer.

Good luck to you and your kids. I hope they are successful and live their dreams.

Last edited by UFOILERFAN; 06-11-2022, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Last edited by crixus; 06-13-2022, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Comment

Apparently I've been missing out on all the fun

Comment

Why not just leave? What's with the theatrics?

Later, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Why not just leave? What's with the theatrics?

Later, I guess.
              For a guy who was apparently banned twice, there's always a reason to yell on their way out. He was also a name caller, impossible to discuss opinions with and partisan. We all do our own thing here. For 8 months out of the year, there just isn't a ton to talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

For a guy who was apparently banned twice, there's always a reason to yell on their way out. He was also a name caller, impossible to discuss opinions with and partisan. We all do our own thing here. For 8 months out of the year, there just isn't a ton to talk about.
                It's usually the ones that discuss politics the most, that are usually the most vocal about how political things are getting.

I never thought things were super political outside of certain threads (and the bare knuckle boxing pit that is the off-topic section).

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

It's usually the ones that discuss politics the most, that are usually the most vocal about how political things are getting.

I never thought things were super political outside of certain threads (and the bare knuckle boxing pit that is the off-topic section).
                  I'm an OT poster. No need for those topics outside of there. Even most sports related stuff that doesn't affect D2 football or basketbal, doesn't need to leave there.

Comment

LMAO!
                    Last edited by IUPNation; 06-21-2022, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

I'm an OT poster. No need for those topics outside of there. Even most sports related stuff that doesn't affect D2 football or basketbal, doesn't need to leave there.
                      I think some sports related conversations during the offseason to drive engagement is fine, but otherwise I agree. I was just saying I don't think things are too political off the OT board, as OP seems to allege. This thread is an example of one that should be on the OT board, but then OP wouldn't get the attention he wants.

I just remembered - OP was once upset about my alma mater's choice to add eSports, a project that I worked on to help boost enrollment and was quite vocal about it. Never understood what was so offensive about it. Also once grilled me in the DM's over a comment I made about a former assistant coach after he took it the wrong way.

Comment

Not the airport. No need to announce your departure.

Comment

You'll be back.... You might just try to lurk, but you'll be back....

Comment

Hello to all those who "left"!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X