Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside D2 Football On the Road

I’m curious on something. I wonder if the funds become available, how many of us would watch a Inside D2 Football pregame show on Saturday mornings like College Game Day or Big Noon Kickoff. Just an idea that floated in my head since it seems like ESPN won’t come to any D2 games for College Game Day.

Since you asked, I wouldn't watch it. Nothing against D2, because I don't watch any pre-game shows. Not college, not NFL. I'll put that hour to use elsewhere.

Comment

If I ever won the lottery I'd give money to do it. But I'd also buy FloSports and close the company first lol.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
        If I ever won the lottery I'd give money to do it. But I'd also buy FloSports and close the company first lol.
        Yeah I don’t blame you on FloSports. I also follow a little bit of rugby and it’s atrocious coverage for the price. I’m also a Razorback fan and people were even complaining with the baseball series in Texas that they covered as well. I still can’t believe they’re in business still with all the negative reviews and backlash on social media.

Comment

Originally posted by tubaguy08 View Post
          I’m curious on something. I wonder if the funds become available, how many of us would watch a Inside D2 Football pregame show on Saturday mornings like College Game Day or Big Noon Kickoff. Just an idea that floated in my head since it seems like ESPN won’t come to any D2 games for College Game Day.
          That part.

Obviously, all of us at D2 have dreamed up such an idea..but a budget for travel and such would be THE major hurdle.

I think a lot of people really enjoy the ESPN Gameday show as well..no easy to steal a lot of the same eyeballs from that.

Comment

Originally posted by tubaguy08 View Post

Yeah I don’t blame you on FloSports. I also follow a little bit of rugby and it’s atrocious coverage for the price. I’m also a Razorback fan and people were even complaining with the baseball series in Texas that they covered as well. I still can’t believe they’re in business still with all the negative reviews and backlash on social media.
            I follow a lot of rugby (love it) and I agree with you. FloSports coverage is atrocious. 👎

*In case you didn't know, The Rugby Network streams MLR and JRLO matches and other rugby programming for free. https://www.therugbynetwork.com/
            Last edited by crixus; 09-23-2022, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
              If you do win the lottery please stream a live of feed of you closing down FloSports. Now that I would watch!

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

If you do win the lottery please stream a live of feed of you closing down FloSports. Now that I would watch!

Done deal. I also would give whatever school yearly that gets mentioned as a landing spot for Urban Meyer $10 million not to hire him

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

That part.

Obviously, all of us at D2 have dreamed up such an idea..but a budget for travel and such would be THE major hurdle.

I think a lot of people really enjoy the ESPN Gameday show as well..no easy to steal a lot of the same eyeballs from that.
                  I think you guys are selling yourselves short. I’ve seen D2 Football grow more here recently especially in Arkansas. Streaming has had a huge impact on the growth of all D2 athletics. Now that D1 is getting more and more expensive and moving towards an NFL lite type of scenario people are looking at other options. Not to mention that the CFB Playoff is moving away from the NCAA. I’m always recruiting new people towards D2. We have a lot going for us. Ticket prices aren’t as expensive, and the gameday experience is more family friendly. Not to mention we have a TRUE playoff system that is regionalized. Basically we have all the ingredients that makes college football great that D1 for the most part is moving away from. I understand the money aspect that’s why I put the caveat in there. However, I see the sport growing and having positive momentum going forward.

Comment

If I had the money, I would put ESPN back in charge of streaming a majority of D2 football games. I would also have them develop the OCHO channel for real and D2 football would be its saturday showcase in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

But if it streamed on Flo, it would be unwatchable.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

But if it streamed on Flo, it would be unwatchable.
                        He'd stream it on his own, not over FloSports. And probably not with this Flo either.

​​​​​
                        Last edited by crixus; 09-25-2022, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X