Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TROUBLE IN TITLETOWN!!!!

I have been around for years and I have never seen Valdosta this bad. Think coach Jackson is beyond the hot seat at this point. The coaching has to be a problem. This Valdosta team had one of the best rushing attacks a year ago and now they seem afraid to even run with three guys who rushed for over 1000 yards last season. The Defense stinks and that's me being nice and he(Jackson) always talks about DAWGS but I think this all starts with coaching the players up first. Nevertheless, These guys need to figure out something fast( Like Tonight), if they have any hopes of turning the season around.

Originally posted by MarsHillU2022 View Post
    I have been around for years and I have never seen Valdosta this bad. Think coach Jackson is beyond the hot seat at this point. The coaching has to be a problem. This Valdosta team had one of the best rushing attacks a year ago and now they seem afraid to even run with three guys who rushed for over 1000 yards last season. The Defense stinks and that's me being nice and he(Jackson) always talks about DAWGS but I think this all starts with coaching the players up first. Nevertheless, These guys need to figure out something fast( Like Tonight), if they have any hopes of turning the season around.
    AMEN!

Comment

Yeppers, it’s a head scratcher so far. Wow.
      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarsHillU2022 View Post
        I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately I don't think it's that simple. I'm not sure what his contract is but I'm guessing it's 3 years and I doubt we can afford to buy him out. I just hope he doesn't completely destroy our recruiting relationships. .

Comment

Originally posted by vsuman View Post

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately I don't think it's that simple. I'm not sure what his contract is but I'm guessing it's 3 years and I doubt we can afford to buy him out. I just hope he doesn't completely destroy our recruiting relationships. .
          Unless something has changed, GA does not allow multi-year contracts for state employees. Kirby Smarts' big contract is not with UGA itself; it's with the UGA Athletic Association which is a separate legal entity. I'm not aware of VSU having a separate athletic association, at least not one with the financial clout to be signing long-term contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

Unless something has changed, GA does not allow multi-year contracts for state employees. Kirby Smarts' big contract is not with UGA itself; it's with the UGA Athletic Association which is a separate legal entity. I'm not aware of VSU having a separate athletic association, at least not one with the financial clout to be signing long-term contracts.
            Interesting. I never knew that. Good info! Having ranted, I really had hoped (and still do) he succeeds. He seems likeable and very charismatic, but I'm not sure how the players interact with him and his staff.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X