Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2 Frontrunners?

Who are or seem to be the clear frontrunners or favorites to win it all so far? Sadly I think it's safe to say that No team from the GSC Or SAC (Except Delta State). Has a shot to win it all. I would start with Ferris, Grand Valley, and Colorado Mines. Would like to hear some of your thoughts about this.

Originally posted by MarsHillU2022 View Post
    Who are or seem to be the clear frontrunners or favorites to win it all so far? Sadly I think it's safe to say that No team from the GSC Or SAC (Except Delta State). Has a shot to win it all. I would start with Ferris, Grand Valley, and Colorado Mines. Would like to hear some of your thoughts about this.
    Angelo State would be on the list too.

Comment

Delta State so far. Fear the Okra!
      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Ferris State, Grand Valley State, West Florida, Shepherd, Angelo State, in that order.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

The Ferris State Bulldogs may not be invincible, but I'd say they have to be the odds on favorite to take it all. The conference game with Ferris vs Grand Valley might determine how good, or mediocre, the Bulldogs might be. I'd guess that their coach, T.A., would love to step up to the next level and if he pockets another natty he might well get that opportunity, and then Ferris might return to being "normal." That's my take.

Comment

Originally posted by DaleDude View Post
            The Ferris State Bulldogs may not be invincible, but I'd say they have to be the odds on favorite to take it all. The conference game with Ferris vs Grand Valley might determine how good, or mediocre, the Bulldogs might be. I'd guess that their coach, T.A., would love to step up to the next level and if he pockets another natty he might well get that opportunity, and then Ferris might return to being "normal." That's my take.
            TA will never leave Ferris. If he was going to, he would have long ago. He didn't need last year's title to do it. He'll retire at Ferris.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
              Ferris State, Grand Valley State, West Florida, Shepherd, Angelo State, in that order.
              Honestly, WF isn't that good this year. Delta state should replace them and I think West Georgia has a better team also.

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                Delta State so far. Fear the Okra!
                I agree I was high on them last season. Looks like they finally got things together. They keep it up and avoid any injuries this team Will run through SR2 and could have a shot at winning it all.

Comment

Originally posted by DaleDude View Post
                  I think Grand Valley might be a tad better but maybe just maybe Ferris is a juggernaut again and if that's the case I could see them easily repeating again. The only team that has a legit chance to knock them off is GV or a team Like Delta state.

Comment

SR1 is going to come down to 1 of 4 teams it appears at this point. Notre Dame College from the MEC, Shepherd and IUP from the PSAC, and Ashland from the GMAC. Those 4 have started to separate from the pack.

Comment

I Think Shepherd will take SR1 but Ashland is a very interesting team.

Comment

I know you can't be the best until you beat the best... but based on this seasons results, GV has played some big teams and looked really good in winning all of them - and smashing the teams they should smash. If I had a vote, there would be 2 votes for GV. But, we get a sneak peak next week and it will make a lot of this conversation moot.

Comment

IMO

Legitimate shot to win it all
                          FSU
                          GVSU
                          Delta
                          Angelo
                          Mines

Wouldn’t completely shock me
                          Pitt St
                          WF

Could be SF contender but no further
                          Shepherd
                          IUP
                          Ashland
                          SRU

Comment

NW is banged up but that defense is pretty salty. I'm not sure they have the team speed they have had in years past. Even that salty defense got gashed by Ferris with ease last year. PItt is too Jekyll and Hyde to make a deep run. They are a couple of players and a year or two away. I don't understand all the Angelo State love, they made a good run in a weak region last year. I say this because they beat a very one dimensional with a questionable defense UNK team last year. But every team that beat them in the playoffs went on to get whupped.

Ferris, and GV are the class. Mines has a shot. I like Bagent and Shepherd but man once they got out of the region last year the difference between them and Ferris was immense.

Comment

Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post
                              IMO

Legitimate shot to win it all
                              FSU
                              GVSU
                              Delta
                              Angelo
                              Mines

Wouldn’t completely shock me
                              Pitt St
                              WF

Could be SF contender but no further
                              Shepherd
                              IUP
                              Ashland
                              SRU
                              Now don't get me wrong. I love WF and we got two really good players from there (Newton Brothers), but I don't think they are that good this year I mean they almost lost to NG and the defense hasn't ever really been good but this year they seem worse for some reason. Would be surprised if they even made it past the first let alone the second round this year. You can't go in every year with the mentality that the offense will win you every game as you saw last year in the first round to Newberry. The defense needs to step it up and also from the games I've seen so far this year the offense is too in-between they need to find consistency to hot then cold often. I would say they are great at the run, but they love throwing it deep when they don't have to. If they can get it together it wouldn't surprise me to see them back in the Natty. With that being said I still think Ferris repeats or Grand valley. dark horse for natty is Mines they are scary good on offense.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X